is linking Magic Band same as activating Magic Band

mikewdw

Original Poster
I have linked our magic bands to everything. is that the same as activating it? do I still have to check in to resort before going to park or can I just go straight to park before checking in?
mikewdw

Rob562

Whether you can go right to the park before checking in depends on how you obtained your tickets.

If your park tickets are part of a package reservation, then I believe you have to check in at the hotel first in order for them to be active.

If you bought them separately (either from Disney or from a ticket reseller) and then linked them individually to your MDE profiles, then you should be able to head to the parks before checking in.

Note that room charging and your meal plan (if purchased) won't be active on the Band until you check in.

-Rob

Just to let all know, we had new annual passes purchased online that I linked to our bands prior to the trip. When we went to enter the MK we got directed to guest relations because I only has the online verification paper and the park had to "activate" the annual pass. We had the passes linked to our bands already, but the passes had to be activated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom