Is It's a Small World Closed?

maryg

Original Poster
This is one of the reasons I am going to Disneyworld. We are leaving in a couple of weeks, and I heard a nasty rumor that this ride is closed.

I asked the woman at Disneyworld phone number, and she has no clue.

Is there a link as to what rides are operating and what rides are not?

Thanks for your help.

brkgnews

maryg said:
Is there a link as to what rides are operating and what rides are not?

For future reference, you can look for "operational updates" on the Disneyworld site. I think there's also a sort-of "one-stop" page on this site somewhere, but I don't know the URL right offhand.

jcat2312

bad rumor....my 4 year old saw a home movie of IASW from 1992 and would be devastated if it closed. She is looking forward to 2 rides...IASW and Tower of Terror.....

123 days left!!!!!

barnum42

jcat2312 said:
bad rumor....my 4 year old saw a home movie of IASW from 1992 and would be devastated if it closed. She is looking forward to 2 rides...IASW and Tower of Terror.....
Before you go make sure she is tall enough for Tower of Terror, because if she is not it's best she does not find out when at the entrance to the ride.

CAPTAIN HOOK

barnum42 said:
Before you go make sure she is tall enough for Tower of Terror, because if she is not it's best she does not find out when at the entrance to the ride.
Very sensible - it will avoid alot of disappointment

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jcat2312 said:
With her sneakers on, she is 43 inches tall......

Restriction is 40", so she'll be all set! :wave:

Advice: The preshow and atmosphere of the ride is actually worse than the ride itself, so if she starts getting nervous, just tell her that. Once you are on the ride, its a breeze for the little ones.

MsSpinShady

Thrawn said:
Advice: The preshow and atmosphere of the ride is actually worse than the ride itself, so if she starts getting nervous, just tell her that. Once you are on the ride, its a breeze for the little ones.

Actually, we had the opposite experience. My 4 1/2 year old DD was positive she wanted to ride. Since it is my favorite ride, she wanted to go on it during our last trip because she was now "tall enough." I showed her a lot of pictures and videos before we left so she would understand what the ride was like, thinking if she got a glimpse of the ride she would change her mind. But when we got there she still wanted to ride, and against my better judgment, I let my DH talk me into letting her ride with us.

During the pre-show she put on a brave face, telling me I would be ok and not to be scared (I think she felt braver "comforting" me), but as we neared the elevator doors she was becoming more uncertain.

By the time the elevator doors shut and we took off in the dark...yikes!!!

Nobody on that elevator enjoyed the ride that day :(

You know your child best, and my advice is if they are at all afraid of the dark and/or confined spaces or ghostly images, save TOT until they are a little older. I wish we had.

MsSpinShady :cool:

jcat2312

MsSpinShady said:
Actually, we had the opposite experience. My 4 1/2 year old DD was positive she wanted to ride. Since it is my favorite ride, she wanted to go on it during our last trip because she was now "tall enough." I showed her a lot of pictures and videos before we left so she would understand what the ride was like, thinking if she got a glimpse of the ride she would change her mind. But when we got there she still wanted to ride, and against my better judgment, I let my DH talk me into letting her ride with us.

During the pre-show she put on a brave face, telling me I would be ok and not to be scared (I think she felt braver "comforting" me), but as we neared the elevator doors she was becoming more uncertain.

By the time the elevator doors shut and we took off in the dark...yikes!!!

Nobody on that elevator enjoyed the ride that day :(

You know your child best, and my advice is if they are at all afraid of the dark and/or confined spaces or ghostly images, save TOT until they are a little older. I wish we had.

MsSpinShady :cool:

Our daughter has no fear of scary rides or the dark. I recently took her on the Tilt A Whirl at a local carnival... She loved it. I have also shown her videos and pics of ToT and Haunted Mansion. When I ask her if the ghosts are real, she tells me that they are puppets and they are not real......

AngryEyes

jcat2312 said:
Our daughter has no fear of scary rides or the dark. I recently took her on the Tilt A Whirl at a local carnival... She loved it. I have also shown her videos and pics of ToT and Haunted Mansion. When I ask her if the ghosts are real, she tells me that they are puppets and they are not real......

I had a great time on TOT last year. My ten-year old screamed (not fun scream, pure fear) and my five-year old cried the whole time. I kept waiting for my Father of the Year Award, but it never came...This year, the three-year old wants to ride it.:brick:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My parents were at WDW last week. They said that the day they were at the MK that IASW was indeed closed. No reason given and they did not inquire as they are going back later this year.

Dont know if it was just temporary or not, but I can confirm it was closed at least on May 5 or 6.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom