Is It Wrong That I'm A Bit Jealous Of Tokyo Disneyland?

TsWade2

Original Poster
Hi,
I don't know if this maybe necessary, but is it wrong that I'm a bit jealous of Tokyo Disneyland? I love my Disneyland, but TDL has everything! They had a great parade and their own nighttime parade. There's a lot of rare characters meet n greet there daily like Jiminy Cricket, Horace Horsecollar, The Aristokittens, Robin Hood, et cetera. Even their new rides from Tokyo Disneysea looks awesome! I want to be thankful what I have at Disneyland, but sometimes TDL makes me jealous.

MK-fan

The OLC just really seems to understand their customers, they don’t want to cheat the fans of their Disney parks and leave them with a bad taste in their mouth. They know they will make a lot of money through the fanbase but they don’t take that extra step that leads to corporate greed.

cheezbat

Nope. Nothing wrong with it. Their upkeep is next level. Quality that we used to see at the Disney parks in the US back in the 80’s and 90’s. I used to love WDW, but lately it’s just been the cash cow for the company and we get so many clones and replacements instead of additions and seeing everything Tokyo has gotten recently and is getting(new Space Mountain, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasy Springs), just really makes you realize where Imagineering truly gets to fully realize attraction concepts.

It’s not in the USA.

October82

Hi,
I don't know if this maybe necessary, but is it wrong that I'm a bit jealous of Tokyo Disneyland? I love my Disneyland, but TDL has everything! They had a great parade and their own nighttime parade. There's a lot of rare characters meet n greet there daily like Jiminy Cricket, Horace Horsecollar, The Aristokittens, Robin Hood, et cetera. Even their new rides from Tokyo Disneysea looks awesome! I want to be thankful what I have at Disneyland, but sometimes TDL makes me jealous.

Although OLC definitely has the upkeep edge over the domestic parks, the original Disneyland is IMO a better theme park than TDL. TDL vs MK is a much closer comparison. I do think TDL is on an upward trajectory - BatB is very underrated and the new space mountain might be the most exciting thing (IMO) WDI has done in recent memory (with the possible exception of FantasySprings).

TDS - on the other hand - is a step above the US parks. The only one that comes close to matching it is DAK on a fraction of the scale.

BasiltheBatLord

Grass is always greener. I would take Disneyland over TDL or WDW over TDR any day of the week.

OLC certainly has Disney beat on show quality and maintenance though (and customer service, although that's just a general Japan thing).

Brer Oswald

Although OLC definitely has the upkeep edge over the domestic parks, the original Disneyland is IMO a better theme park than TDL. TDL vs MK is a much closer comparison. I do think TDL is on an upward trajectory - BatB is very underrated and the new space mountain might be the most exciting thing (IMO) WDI has done in recent memory (with the possible exception of FantasySprings).

TDS - on the other hand - is a step above the US parks. The only one that comes close to matching it is DAK on a fraction of the scale.
I don’t know what world where MK could be considered better or even as good as TDL. Objectively, the only thing we have over Tokyo is a proper Main Street. Every version of a ride better over there is overwhelming better. Every version of a ride that might be better over here (ie Mansion) is only slightly better, unnoticeable to the average guest. Not to mention, Tokyo has Hunny Hunt, Critter Country, Toon Town, BatB, etc.

October82

I don’t know what world where MK could be considered better or even as good as TDL. Objectively, the only thing we have over Tokyo is a proper Main Street. Every version of a ride better over there is overwhelming better. Every version of a ride that might be better over here (ie Mansion) is only slightly better, unnoticeable to the average guest. Not to mention, Tokyo has Hunny Hunt, Critter Country, Toon Town, BatB, etc.

I don't think of theme parks as just lists of attractions - Magic Kingdom has more consistent placemaking across most of the park. TDL's Splash Mountain/Critter Country and Adventureland are superior at TDL, but Tomorrowland, Frontierland/Westernland, Fantasyland, and Main Street USA/World Bazaar are (IMO) better at the Magic Kingdom even if TDL has a better attraction lineup.

To be clear, I don't think TDL is a poor theme park by any means. I do think a lot of Disney fans expect it to match TDS in terms of execution when it's much closer to the MK than DLP or Disneyland.

BasiltheBatLord

This is just my opinion, but Disneyland and Magic Kingdom being the original concept parks and being located in America both count for a lot.

Disney castle parks are fundamentally American creations. They owe their entire DNA to American culture and experience. As a result, even though many of the foreign castle parks are strong in their own ways, they have always kind of come off to me as surreal foreign imitations. It's one reason why World Bazaar is one of the strangest Disney park lands.

KrzyKtty

Hi,
Went to Tokyo last summer. OMG that part and DisneySea are absolutely gorgeous! DisneySea was our favorite thing.

I've just seen a video of the Tangled ride. (That's going to be the go-to for couples, I think.) When I see attractions like that, the Beauty and the Beast dark ride, and the entire DisneySea park, I sure am jealous of them! I'd love to see some of these replicated over here on the East Coast...and for Disney to import a few Asian Imagineers to America to spruce up some of our special effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom