Is it worth it??

janetinpa

Original Poster
I will be in Florida this weekend for my Disneyworld trip.:sohappy:
7 nights 8 days my question is about Islands of Adventure. My family has one extra day of down time before we start Disneyworld. Is it worth it to go to IOA ??? *For only one day* We have never been to IOA. We will be there on a Sunday is this a bad time? Will we be able to get on all the rides? There are 5 people in my family the total for one day would be over $240.00. It took me almost 2 years to save for our trip. I have been to Universal studios and I was not impressed. IOA looks really fun. Please help.

Janet:confused:

WDWspider

Originally posted by janetinpa
I will be in Florida this weekend for my Disneyworld trip.:sohappy:
7 nights 8 days my question is about Islands of Adventure. My family has one extra day of down time before we start Disneyworld. Is it worth it to go to IOA ??? *For only one day* We have never been to IOA. We will be there on a Sunday is this a bad time? Will we be able to get on all the rides? There are 5 people in my family the total for one day would be over $240.00. It took me almost 2 years to save for our trip. I have been to Universal studios and I was not impressed. IOA looks really fun. Please help.

Janet:confused:

Wow! What a cool Avatar! and to answer your question... YES, there are some ery unique experiences that make at least one trip to IOA worth it. It is really the next best thing out there as long as you like coasters and wet rides.

Yellow Shoes

There are bound to be message boards, photo sites, etc for IOA just as there are for WDW.

Try a google search for IOA and see what turns up.

You have carefully researched your Disney trip; don't spend $240 without doing the same for IOA.

Legacy

It really depends on what type of park you enjoy. If you enjoy the pure family fun atmosphere that is Disney, IOA might be a little different for you. It could be described as the adrenaline junky's Disney. The theming is not nessacarily equal to what you can find at WDW, but as Spider-man said, there are a quite a few very unique experiences that you cannot find anywhere else.

WDWspider

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
We've not been to IOA (yet - going 2003) - but from what I've heard/read - if you like coasters you gotta go.

Plus the Amazing Adventures of Spider-man is the number one attraction in the world according to almost every poll out there. Believe me, it is Really Good. IMO worth at least half the cost to get in, but others propably don't feel that extreme about it. Also, there is just something so special and cool about walking under the Jurassic Park Gates.

mwitkus

We went to Disney for our honeymoon and planned 1 day for IOA. Neither hubby or I are into thrill rides and because of that were fairly dissapointed in IOA. It seems to be a great place for anyone who does enjoy thrill rides though. We went through the park, skipping over the rides that we didn't want to do, and were out of there within a 1/2 day... We were very upset about having spent so much money so we went to guest services and after we explained it was our honeymoon and I couldn't ride certain rides due to a back injury, they were kind enough to give us admission to Universal Studios for the remainder of the day.. We love universal studios.. Much more our speed...

again - not saying IOA is bad or not worthwhile, but you really need to like thrill rides to fully appreciate it...

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by spider-man

Plus the Amazing Adventures of Spider-man is the number one attraction in the world according to almost every poll out there. Believe me, it is Really Good. IMO worth at least half the cost to get in, but others propably don't feel that extreme about it. Also, there is just something so special and cool about walking under the Jurassic Park Gates.

actually i thought it was almost 100% worth the price of admission...i loved that ride lol

ohh and jurrasic park was real scary (to me) and ripsaw falls was fun and yeah i liked that park, but it COMPLETELY depends on what kind of rides you like!

janetinpa

Original Poster
Can I get through the whole park in one day? I love thrill rides. So does my family my daughter might not be tall enough to ride them.

Legacy

I think you would be able to get through the park in one day... especially on a Sunday. The crowds aren't that bad then, but be sure to get there in the morning just in case it packs up after church lets out.

And your daughter, Universal has this cool thing called the 'Kiddy Swap' where if she is too short to ride, she can still go through the line and you can save a lot of time by having one parent (or small group maybe) ride while the other waits with the kid. When they get back in... the peson who waited gets to hope on without having to go back through the line. That should take care of time constraits if she is too small.

sig

soooooooooo worth it!

Can I get through the whole park in one day? I love thrill rides. So does my family my daughter might not be tall enough to ride them.

You definitely can't miss it! check out Universal's official site for a taste.

And for your daughter, are you aware there is "Suess Landing" and "Toon Lagoon" too cute, so cool for kids of all ages!

janetinpa

Original Poster
I've heard of Suess Landing but not Toon Lagoon. Is this a water park? My youngest daughter is 7 but an old 7 LOL. She thinks she is 16. I'm not sure if she would like Suess Landing if she new that it was just for little kids.

WDWspider

I've heard of Suess Landing but not Toon Lagoon. Is this a water park? My youngest daughter is 7 but an old 7 LOL. She thinks she is 16. I'm not sure if she would like Suess Landing if she new that it was just for little kids.

Oh, Seuss Landing has some neat family rides, the Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish, and the Car-o-seuss-al are great for everyone. The Cat in the Hat is very good.

David

I agree with a couple of the posts above:

Spiderman is the best ride in Orlando (and I am a Disney Freak)

You can do it in one day.

I recommend going to IOA if you are into thrill rides. Universal Studios was, to me, OK, but not a "must see". But Spiderman and IOA is worth it.

17 days to go!
ºOº

sig

soooooooooo worth it!

You definitely can't miss it! check out Universal's official site for a taste.

And for your daughter, are you aware there is "Suess Landing" and "Toon Lagoon" too cute, so cool for kids of all ages!

kevinwyld

Spiderman is a great ride, when it works. I've been on it many times now, but it seems to break down or be out of synch about half of the time.
Of course, if it doesn't work, just ask to go on again when you get off - you can usually get in through the side door and not wait in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom