Is it true that to become an worker at Disney U Hav Too...

tenchu

Or if they get to borrow some of the ride trains? I could just imagine driving the big thunder mountain train into my driveway at home...

Smitty

The benefits you get varies as to you work status. On the College Program you get free park admission for yourself as much as you want. You also get 50% off on resorts reservations. That is the major discount. It is dependent on availability of course. You also get food and merchandise discounts as well. Those vary depending on the time of year. You can also be given free park tickets for family and friends, but this isn't always a given.

Once you reach different status' you get a Main Gate pass. This allows you to get so many guests in for free each year. The number of free admissions varies from time of year to what your status and position is. You also get all the above discounts.

As a Cast Member though you always get yourself in for free, depending on "blackout" days. Blackout days are when they expect already big crowds and don't need extra cast members there to take up space as well.

The major discount when you are on the College Program is the resort discount. It is huge if you want family or friends to visit you!

Unfortunately, they don't let you take any of the rides home! :) I was a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad and also PAC and dove Main St. Vehicles and trust me if would have been insane to ride one of the trains on actual connected railways or drive one of the vehicles home! My job was lots of fun though and I loved every minute of it. If anyone has any questions at all about the College Program or about the trains or being a Conductor in general feel free to ask! Have fun!

tenchu

Originally posted by Smitty
The benefits you get varies as to you work status. On the College Program you get free park admission for yourself as much as you want. You also get 50% off on resorts reservations. That is the major discount. It is dependent on availability of course. You also get food and merchandise discounts as well. Those vary depending on the time of year. You can also be given free park tickets for family and friends, but this isn't always a given.

Once you reach different status' you get a Main Gate pass. This allows you to get so many guests in for free each year. The number of free admissions varies from time of year to what your status and position is. You also get all the above discounts.

As a Cast Member though you always get yourself in for free, depending on "blackout" days. Blackout days are when they expect already big crowds and don't need extra cast members there to take up space as well.

The major discount when you are on the College Program is the resort discount. It is huge if you want family or friends to visit you!

Unfortunately, they don't let you take any of the rides home! :) I was a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad and also PAC and dove Main St. Vehicles and trust me if would have been insane to ride one of the trains on actual connected railways or drive one of the vehicles home! My job was lots of fun though and I loved every minute of it. If anyone has any questions at all about the College Program or about the trains or being a Conductor in general feel free to ask! Have fun!

What was it like on the main street vehicles. Old cars and stuff really interest me. How do you get to do that, was it just a lucky thing to end up doing that, or was there some special reason?

Smitty

Best of luck on getting in to the CP! It is amazing! If you have any questions at all feel free to IM me on AOL or e-mail me at Smitty731@aol.com.

As for the vehicles, they were alright! It is tough to do until you get the hang of it. I very rarely drove them. It is hard to drive them with all the people around, constantly walking in front of you, not looking where they going and stuff like that. My actual job title was Main St. Daily Operations. That included me driving vehicles, working Parades, and as a Conductor. I spent the majority of my time at Conductor. How I got the job was just at random. When you are picked for the College Program they tell you what your job title is. Operations, Food, Custodial, things like that, but you don't know where or what you'll be doing till you get there. I know one of the reasons I ended up on Main St. is because I have a very thick Boston accent and there were certain lands, Frontierland, that my accent wouldn't have made sense in. At any rate Main St. is where I ended up and I am thrilled I had the chance to work there.

The vehicles are also not actually antique cars or anything. They are just made to look like it. Sorry to ruin anyone's magic! They have jeep engines and special mufflers to make the noise like an old car. They are still pretty neat though. I don't know all that much about them. I am better well versed in the trains. I have lots of info on them. Most of which people already know. If you have any other questions ask away! Have fun!

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Smitty
Best of luck on getting in to the CP! It is amazing! If you have any questions at all feel free to IM me on AOL or e-mail me at Smitty731@aol.com.

I am better well versed in the trains. I have lots of info on them. Most of which people already know. If you have any other questions ask away! Have fun!

How fun!!! My husband and I have a dream about moving down to fla when we retire works some at WDW!!! He will drive boats or the trian. Unfortantly my idea job would be a character in a parade or else where. I would make a great snow white now, but by the time we would retire the only one I could do would be the fairy godmother!!!!! :lol:

about the trains How many trips can you make on a tank of water? (how big are the tanks?)

Smitty

As far as I can remember it depends on the temperature that day and if the trains end up having to sit in one spot for long periods of time because of dealys and the like. That said, I think it is 4 trips around before the train has to refill. The trains refill at Toontown as most of you know, I'm sure. It takes only about 2-3 minutes to fill the bolier. A lot of people don't even notice because they are boarding the train or getting off during the refill. The one time people do notice is during a steam blow because of all the noise! Any other Trains questions and I'll try to answer as best I can! Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom