Is it true that Superbowl Sunday is the best day to go to Disneyland because of low attendance?

ProjectXBlog

I heard this back in the early 90's, before FastPass and all that followed. Don't know if it remains true today.
i was researching this because i was planning to go today assuming that was the case - it’s surprisingly the opposite. apparently super bowl sunday has been tracking higher crowds than the average sunday over the last few years. i guess everyone thinks alike!

TP2000

I heard this back in the early 90's, before FastPass and all that followed. Don't know if it remains true today.

A lot has changed since the early 1990's.

Super Bowl Sunday is usually a tad busier than normal compared to the average AP Sunday. Even during rainy weather the park stay busy, and today is beautiful and 72 degrees. Both parks are noticeably busy today, one of the busiest days since the holidays ended, with Disneyland open 8am to Midnight and DCA open 8am to 10pm.

E Ticket Wait Times at 1:30pm:

Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn is having a rather disastrous day. It didn't open until 10:45 and then 20 minutes later it broke down for 2 hours. Currently at Boarding Group 32.

Jungle Cruise, Small World, Submarines, Pirates, Chase-A-Baby - 30 Minutes
Thunder Mt., Splash Mt. - 40 Minutes
Soarin', Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Tours, Millennium Falcon - 45 Minutes
Space Mountain, Indiana Jones - 60 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 75 Minutes

Popular C and D Tickets are in the 30 to 60 minute range;
Luigi's, Buzz Lightyear, Mater's, Pixar Death Wheel - 30 Minutes
Peter Pan, Goofy's Sky School - 45 Minutes
Midway Mania - 60 Minutes

Jedi Stitch

The Superbowl is a big event, but it is not for everyone. At the very least you might see a dip during the game, but not everyone is going to run off and watch the game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom