Is it time to do away with Dinoland?

Kamikaze

So now we know that Primeval Whirl is done for another 3 months (at least). So this area has some crappy games that you have to get tokens for, and Triceratop Spin.

I once defended Disney given their excuse for the area was it was intentional. That's fine, but seriously, the park is called Animal Kingdom, and this is the best they can do with Dinosaurs??? I love the Dinosaur ride, but I think it's time to scrap Dinoland, and make this into something worth while. Maybe the Imagineers should take a field trip to Islands of Adventure and check out Jurassic Park.

Yes, I agree, they should go over to IoA and see the terrible upkeep that occurs on JP: The Ride. They can laugh and laugh and laugh and then go back to WDW.

Chrononymous

I was there once with a short five year old, who felt he was too old for camp Minnie Mickey, but too small to go on many of the fast rides.

Dinorama was the bomb...he spent most of his time there, and said it was his favorite part of Animal Kingdom.

Choodles

I was there once with a short five year old, who felt he was too old for camp Minnie Mickey, but too small to go on many of the fast rides.

Dinorama was the bomb...he spent most of his time there, and said it was his favorite part of Animal Kingdom.

I really am glad that he enjoyed it but it needs to go. They can replace it with the coaster and properly themed smaller rides for the little ones. This is just cheesy dont want to feel like I'm at the Jersey Shore when I'm in WDW.

Prototype82

Dino-Rama isn't my favorite themed part of Dinoland, but it's themed to look like the highway-side carnival it appears to be. It can get away with. It could be worse. Look at Nemo in Epcot for example. Though I'd much rather have something with a serious tone, I don't think changing that area should be a priority until AK gets itself a new land and some other new attractions. Get it refurbed and leave it be for now. We need some expansion.

Choodles

Dino-Rama isn't my favorite themed part of Dinoland, but it's themed to look like the highway-side carnival it appears to be. It can get away with. It could be worse. Look at Nemo in Epcot for example. Though I'd much rather have something with a serious tone, I don't think changing that area should be a priority until AK gets itself a new land and some other new attractions. Get it refurbed and leave it be for now. We need some expansion.

I have no love for Nemo in EPCOT but that Cticket dark ride. C&H happened because Disney was cheap and didn't build the E-ticket coaster that was supposed to go there. So they bought some cheap carnival rides and gave it a back story.

I'm sorry I can never support cheapness like this. I don't care how good the back story is the land is cheap and tacky that I expect at the Jersey Shore boardwalk.

Club Cooloholic

I think Dino Rama could actually use a bumper car ride, or mini ferrsi wheel for little ones.

A better question is, why can't they put more exhibits to view either on the train or when you get there for the Rafiki's Planet Watch...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom