Is it time to do away with Dinoland?

captainkidd

Original Poster
So now we know that Primeval Whirl is done for another 3 months (at least). So this area has some crappy games that you have to get tokens for, and Triceratop Spin.

I once defended Disney given their excuse for the area was it was intentional. That's fine, but seriously, the park is called Animal Kingdom, and this is the best they can do with Dinosaurs??? I love the Dinosaur ride, but I think it's time to scrap Dinoland, and make this into something worth while. Maybe the Imagineers should take a field trip to Islands of Adventure and check out Jurassic Park.

BigThunderMatt

So now we know that Primeval Whirl is done for another 3 months (at least). So this area has some crappy games that you have to get tokens for, and Triceratop Spin.

I once defended Disney given their excuse for the area was it was intentional. That's fine, but seriously, the park is called Animal Kingdom, and this is the best they can do with Dinosaurs??? I love the Dinosaur ride, but I think it's time to scrap Dinoland, and make this into something worth while. Maybe the Imagineers should take a field trip to Islands of Adventure and check out Jurassic Park.

I'm assuming you're referring to Dinorama and not Dinoland, U.S.A. proper which includes Dinosaur and the Boneyard.

JustInTime

I prefer Dinoland to Jurassic Park. But no, I would not scrap it. it is cute and enjoyable and Dinosaur fits so well with it. If anything, I would want an expansion or new rides/exhibits. I mean, why scrap a existing land when the park needs more land/lands as it is?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I feel Dinoland, excluding Dino-rama, is well done. Dinosaur is a much better attraction than Jurassic Park at IOA in my opinion. I would like to see the removal of Dino-rama, and the addition of another attraction linking back to the original Dinoland.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Sorry, yes - I meant Dinorama. The rest of Dinoland is just fine. Just the side show carnival with one Dumbo wanna-be and a cheap roller coaster that has been down for 8 months.

Rowdy

Dinorama, I could live without. Dinoland has a lot of potential if they would just capitalize on it. Throw another dark ride where the two mouse coasters are, get rid of the games, and it'd be a better place. Make a nice T-Rex type restaurant if you have to.

DisneyMusician2

I agree...Chester and Hester could definitely use to be retired.

I think my son would have a meltdown if the boneyard wasn't there anymore. He LOVED that place on our last visit, I almost didn't get him out of there!

It just looks hastily thrown together with off-the-shelf stuff. I get that it is SUPPOSED to look that way, but it does seem like more could really be done.

I don't really care for Dinoland I really only ride Dinosaur then go off to another part of the park but if they add something else rather than some silly carnival games and 2 little coasters I can see it being a huge success.

MansionGoer13z

I agree Dinorama has to go, it has no place in AK. But what can replace it is something I'm stumped on. Perhaps reinvent the UoE throw out the whole Ellen and Energy theme and make it a slow dino ride through and tranfer it to AK. Just a thought.

SeaBase86

How about they knock down Dino-Rama and expand Dinosaur into that area to have an outside portion? Huh anyone? Anyone? That would be the best.

All jokes aside DinoLand U.S.A is one of the best themed areas of WDW and has some of the best story telling too. The roadside carnival looks exactly like one that you would find well on the side of the road. The story behind it is great also. Dinosaur is one of the best attractions on property IMO and the Boneyard gives kids time to blow off steam. So I would not be for scrapping it. Since between IOA and AK, AK wins the dinosaur battle (though I wished Disney would invest in a interactive encounter with some audio animatronics like IOA.)

Do I think it can be better? Yes! Do I hate it? No! The theming and story are great.

I find it odd though no one complains about a Nemo show (or Tarzan or Jungle Book show) being in DinoLand but complain about Dino themed rides in a Dino themed land.

Isn't that weird?

C&D

Not that big a fan, but in a word, I still say: NOPE If you don't like it move along to somewhere else.

Testtrack321

Reduce Dino-Rama by half (remove everything but the coaster and the spinner) and expand stroller parking for Nemo and a new nighttime show.

ddbowdoin

doesnt really matter to me, because at the end of the day (dont flame me!) it's still a half day park for me. there just isnt much to grab me for a full day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom