Is it Really ' That Good"?????

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Boy, cant tell you how many breakfast,lunches,dinners,snacks etc we have had in 28 years of Disney. One place we have never tried, for reasons I can't come up with, that gets such outstanding raves is EARL OF SANDWICH...Is it really THAT good?????? Why??

The Incredible Schmulk

It's perfectly fine for a chain sandwich restaurant. We have a chain called Spicy Pickle where I live. I don't think it's any better or worse than what they serve at Earl of Sandwich. Which isn't to say that Earl is bad, just that it's on par with what you would expect from a higher end sandwich shop. A good local deli that roasts and cures its own meats is going to blow Earl out of the water nine out of ten times, but within the confines of Disney, you will be hard-pressed to find a better place to get that kind of selection and quality in a sandwich for your money.

armyfamilyof5

It is good, they have tortilla soup we love and salads that are good as well. We have season passes and get an additional 10% off but the sandwichs are wonderful in my opinion because of their bread, I love Panera as well so it's more in that type of range. We don't have any local deli's that roasts and cures their own meat, the best local we have is Boars Head at Publix, LOL!

luv

I like it. I've never eaten anywhere else at DTD, lol. For fast food, you really can't do any better, IMO. They should put whoever owns it in charge of fast food in the parks, IMO.

ETA: I lied. I've been to RFC and T-Rex a number of times, lol. Oops.

NiarrNDisney

Yes it really is that good! I not only eat at the one in DTDbut also the one at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas,
So many options, cheap prices, and the bread is amazing (I'm not a huge bread fan).

HouCuseChickie

I've never been to the DTD one, but we have Earl of Sandwich locally and it's good...but they have a lot of competition here and I don't think they are leaps and bounds ahead of any of these other places. Still, for the $, it's a good option if you're in the area.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I thought it was an average quality sandwich. I may have had unrealistic expectations as I had only heard glowing reviews of EoS on-line. The price is reasonable, We just didn't find it to be all that special as far as quality.

armyfamilyof5

I have never eaten here either. Looking forward to trying it in August!

On a side note we went for lunch one day at 11 or so (sandwiches are served all the time, breakfast ends at 11), we finally decided what we wanted, got in line and placed our order, before we got our order a few minutes later the line was out the door! Before 11:30 is a better time to grab lunch if you want to miss the longer lines although they are pretty fast to serve considering the crowds they are serving. They have a newer salad with pasta and feta cheese in it, we wish we'd gotten more because it was a wonderful side dish, didn't go back for more due to the overwhelming crowd at the time!

real mad hatter

28 years of Disney and never been to Earls.: eek: Whit!!! Thats one helluva confession. Ive just spoken to Father O'Reilly and he says," Go forth,and enjoy the best sandwich available at WDW." ;)

disney magic 06

An excellent, good value quick service choice, with the added advantage for those like me travelling with picky eaters (picky daughter and even more picky friend) that the sandwiches can be customised - my daughter has just beef and chicken. Weird.

It seems even better at DLP, where food options are expensive, limited and quality is.....dubious

littleroo

On a side note we went for lunch one day at 11 or so (sandwiches are served all the time, breakfast ends at 11), we finally decided what we wanted, got in line and placed our order, before we got our order a few minutes later the line was out the door! Before 11:30 is a better time to grab lunch if you want to miss the longer lines although they are pretty fast to serve considering the crowds they are serving. They have a newer salad with pasta and feta cheese in it, we wish we'd gotten more because it was a wonderful side dish, didn't go back for more due to the overwhelming crowd at the time!

Great advice!! Thank you! We usually skip breakfast so are ready to eat at 11! Perfect!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom