Is it just me!?!

4401DisneyMom

Original Poster
We are headed down in June and, while I have always been the -retentive planner, FastPass+ is totally stressing me out! Every time I see new FastPass+ information/articles I'm back looking at our itinerary seeing if I should change any rides/times, have I scheduled the right rides at the right time of day, should I use my FastPasses in the morning and hope I can still get more in the evening for what we want to do!?! Ugh, just more stressful than I remember ... so, I have to ask, is it just me?

cw1982

We are headed down in June and, while I have always been the -retentive planner, FastPass+ is totally stressing me out! Every time I see new FastPass+ information/articles I'm back looking at our itinerary seeing if I should change any rides/times, have I scheduled the right rides at the right time of day, should I use my FastPasses in the morning and hope I can still get more in the evening for what we want to do!?! Ugh, just more stressful than I remember ... so, I have to ask, is it just me?

Meh.

I'm pretty obsessive with my plans for this trip, but picking my FP+ attractions was pretty easy. I made sure we had them for our priorities each day (other than at Epcot and HS, since they have those tiers in place) and made sure they worked within the scope of our ADR's and what time we plan to arrive to the parks each day. If we get extra fastpasses once we use our first three each day, awesome. If not, at least I know we got to do the things we wanted to do the most.

When are you going? We'll be there the first week of June!

Tom

Beta Return
It is not just you. We're the same way, and planning our Fastpasses (on New Year's Eve, since that was our 60-day mark) was extremely time consuming and stressful. We had several ADRs to work around, and we do a lot of park-hopping and trips back to the room.

However, once we arrived and started using them, it was much less stressful. Especially since we were able to change them on the fly. We had great success with that part.

When in doubt, schedule them in the morning. That way if you use them all, you can get another one in the afternoon before they're all gone.

cw1982

We should have been there the first week of June but all the kids' snow/cold days forced us back to 6/14-21.

That stinks!

I agree with Tom, though... our FP times are all soon after the time I think we'll get to the parks. I figure I can always move a pass up if we get there earlier and have room for an earlier one, but I'm not a morning person, so I have them all set to start just before lunch time. We'll finish our first three around 2 or 3 most days, and then we'll take our chances with whatever's left.

I guess it all depends on what your goals are, too, though... for DH and I, it's just us. No kids. So our priorities are mostly thrills, other than Peter Pan lol. I guess this might be more challenging if we had kids to think about in all of this.

cw1982

Please remember to enjoy your vacation, I'm sure you've planned more than the majority of visitors at WDW

Amen to the first part!

The second part scares me a little, even though this is far from the first time I've read remarks like this. I just can't wrap my brain around spending the kind of money that people do on a trip to WDW and NOT planning.

durangojim

I was way stressed before our January trip over FP+. Once we got there and used it, it was the most relaxing trip I've had in years - no running and leaving my family to get an FP every hour, no having to get up early to get to the parks early to get a certain FP, no worrying that I had an go for an attraction that had no line because I could change my fps in the fly with the mobile app. It was great so stop stressing and look forward to your vacation!

sjhym333

Lots of people are worrying way too much about FP+. The system is great and except for some of the meet & greets (especially Frozen) you can get every attraction up to the day you visit the park. I made FP+ reservations for our night out yesterday the day before and got every attraction we wanted. When we got to the park earlier then expected I was able to rearrange the times for every FP without a problem. Don't get caught up in a lot of the stuff you are reading online. I go the parks pretty often as an AP holder and have had no trouble getting every FP+ I have needed (the exception being the meet & greets). One thing to remember is that later in the day as park closing times get closer it gets harder to make changes. Enjoy.

tor29c

Do not stress over the FP+. We were there the week before Easter and had no problems switching things around throughout the days. FP+ actually allowed us to be quite spontaneous because we never had any problem switching from the plans I made before we left home. We were able to react in real time and move and change things around. You'll do fine!

Dwarful

I too am stressed about the whole thing. We could easily use 8+ more FPs a day esp. in MK. Would do the big rides at Epcot twice in a day, the new system just changes everything. I am happy they have added more once you use 3 and in MK I figure we will use those for things like HM, Pirates, Pooh. Yesterdays crash also didn't help with my control concerns. lol. It really does require a lot more work up front....lining up ADRs, FPs, parades, shows, etc., For those of us who don't have 180 days notice for vacation picks it does add to the stress level.

Disneydreamer23

I am a very big planner the only problem I have with FP is this is the first time traveling with a child and I can't guarantee after meals and parades we have to catch that she wont be napping or in need of a nap during a time I book my FP this is the only concern I have.

cw1982

I am a very big planner the only problem I have with FP is this is the first time traveling with a child and I can't guarantee after meals and parades we have to catch that she wont be napping or in need of a nap during a time I book my FP this is the only concern I have.

In your case, I'd say try to book your fastpasses for before lunch when possible. Then you'll have earlier ability to pick extra passes if they are available and you'll be able to better predict what kind of nap situation might be needed when you make those extra selections.

DisneyGirl3820

I think us planners are especially happy with Fastpass+ because then we can add it to our spreadsheets! All kidding aside, I feel such relief knowing we don't have to scramble to rides and we can sleep a little later and actually ENJOY the vacation instead of being fixated on obtaining paper Fastpasses. Have a great trip!!

Dwarful

I'm torn.....I hope people sleep in and the parks are light first thing in the morning...however with the 'book more after your first three' I am worried about how busy the first few hours will be with FP return times. I am waiting to give final judgment until I experience this in June....but I am nervous.

jlsHouston

Do not stress over the FP+. We were there the week before Easter and had no problems switching things around throughout the days. FP+ actually allowed us to be quite spontaneous because we never had any problem switching from the plans I made before we left home. We were able to react in real time and move and change things around. You'll do fine!

Really? I had alot of difficulty switching things around. Mainly because I would wait until after 2 pm to try to switch things and then nothing we wanted to FP would be available to change a time or experience. Also I was only able to use the app 2 out of 8 days at the park to do the switching myself. App just wouldn't load or it would freeze. I always had to find a kiosk. Of course I was there in early March and sounds like you were there a month later so maybe the system had a few updates at that point.

rt06

My window just opened yesterday. With ADRs and FP+, I've only planned 3 days and I already feel burnt out.

HRHPrincessAriel

In your case, I'd say try to book your fastpasses for before lunch when possible. Then you'll have earlier ability to pick extra passes if they are available and you'll be able to better predict what kind of nap situation might be needed when you make those extra selections.
This is exactly what we are doing with our 3.5 year old

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom