Is it just me....

gotribe07

Original Poster
I just recently returned from my WDW voyage and I had a spectacular time. Everything was simply amazing... oh and did I happen to mention I won a stay in Cinderella's Castle for a night? :D

Anyways, one thing I was a little dissapointed with is what has happened to Test Track. Don't get me wrong the ride is still spectaular but it is in DESPERATE need of a rehab. First of all, 90% of the car's video and audio no longer function properly. Also, many of the cars show a great deal of wear and need maintanance quickly.

It was just something I noticed. Tell me what you all think

raven

I just recently returned from my WDW voyage and I had a spectacular time. Everything was simply amazing... oh and did I happen to mention I won a stay in Cinderella's Castle for a night? :D

Is that grin a lie or a truth? If it's a truth you can't just mention it and not talk about it.

Fun2BFree

Anyways, one thing I was a little dissapointed with is what has happened to Test Track. Don't get me wrong the ride is still spectaular but it is in DESPERATE need of a rehab. First of all, 90% of the car's video and audio no longer function properly. Also, many of the cars show a great deal of wear and need maintanance quickly.

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised when I rode Test Track this month (goosebumps), and the monitor was working for the first time since 2001. :)

PintoColvig

So you won a night in Cindy's castle but you want to talk about Test Track. Riiggghht. :rolleyes: Show us some pics.

gotribe07

Original Poster
I agree!!! If it's a truth...we need details!!! :lol:

Ok details... I can only give you a few because there are certain things I can not disclose about the Castle Suite (and I'm serious, they make you sign A LOT of paperwork before you stay there)

Ok so...

First of all, the room's cost was $7 million with $1 million being spent solely on the elevator alone. There is marble and hardwood flooring throughout the entire suite and there are 14k gold small tiles in the marble. Most of the walls are made from a form of granite (to take the midevil theme) and there are two plasma tv's in the room. The bathroom has both a large shower and ENORMOUS jacuzzi tub. The jacuzzi tub is top of the line and has 3 marble murals surrounding it. The ceiling above the tub is made of fiber-optics and looks like you are sitting under star light. In the main bedroom there are two king sized beds and a fiber-optic fireplace. Above the fireplace is the first of the two tv's. It's pretty awesome because when the TV is turned off it looks like a basic mirror. Also, the TV can be synced to Wishes and 90% of the fireworks can be seen from the room.

I'm sorry thats all I can really say. Disney really wants to make sure the surprise experience isn't ruined for future guests. As for pictures, I'm not allowed to post pictures online but I am allowed to send pics through email. So maybe PM me if u want pics but please dont flood me with requests. thanks :wave:

maggiegrace1

Ok details... I can only give you a few because there are certain things I can not disclose about the Castle Suite (and I'm serious, they make you sign A LOT of paperwork before you stay there)

Ok so...

First of all, the room's cost was $7 million with $1 million being spent solely on the elevator alone. There is marble and hardwood flooring throughout the entire suite and there are 14k gold small tiles in the marble. Most of the walls are made from a form of granite (to take the midevil theme) and there are two plasma tv's in the room. The bathroom has both a large shower and ENORMOUS jacuzzi tub. The jacuzzi tub is top of the line and has 3 marble murals surrounding it. The ceiling above the tub is made of fiber-optics and looks like you are sitting under star light. In the main bedroom there are two king sized beds and a fiber-optic fireplace. Above the fireplace is the first of the two tv's. It's pretty awesome because when the TV is turned off it looks like a basic mirror. Also, the TV can be synced to Wishes and 90% of the fireworks can be seen from the room.

I'm sorry thats all I can really say. Disney really wants to make sure the surprise experience isn't ruined for future guests. As for pictures, I'm not allowed to post pictures online but I am allowed to send pics through email. So maybe PM me if u want pics but please dont flood me with requests. thanks :wave:
Not acccusing you of lying..But a family on another board won a night also and they posted pictures of the suite and also had the pictures of the cast Members who were assigned to them in the pictures...

Also the things you have said about the room we already know from other threads here with the pictures and descriptions of the suite..:shrug:

gotribe07

Original Poster
Not acccusing you of lying..But a family on another board won a night also and they posted pictures of the suite and also had the pictures of the cast Members who were assigned to them in the pictures...

Also the things you have said about the room we already know from other threads here with the pictures and descriptions of the suite..:shrug:

I'm not sure when they stayed but I was reminded SEVERAL times by the CM's not to share pictures on the internet for everyone to see. I dont know if it's something new they implemented or what but it is their current policy.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, i promise. If you want my pictures I will gladly give them to u via email. :animwink:

ThinkTink721

How was you stay at the castle?

How was your stay at the castle?
Where were you when you won?
:D :wave:

gotribe07

Original Poster
I don't really see how Disney can force someone who doesn't work for them to sign a NDA.

They didn't force me to do anything. They simply said I was a "potential winner" when they picked me and as long as I agreed to their terms the prize was mine.

Without signing the agreement... I would not have won the dream

mrssparrow

I have to agree with everyone posting here regarding the releases that needed to be signed. I have seen pictures on other websites that Disney themselves have released and have also seen others post their pictures of the stay. I just find it odd that would change now and not want people to share pictures. In addition, it isn't like they can take the experience away from you after the fact.
just my .02

Tom Morrow

Why would you win a night's stay in the castle, the absolute best, most exclusive Dream you can win, only to briefly mention it in a thread about Test Track's maitenance issues?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have to agree with everyone posting here regarding the releases that needed to be signed. I have seen pictures on other websites that Disney themselves have released and have also seen others post their pictures of the stay. I just find it odd that would change now and not want people to share pictures. In addition, it isn't like they can take the experience away from you after the fact.
just my .02

And I doubt that they would take you to court over a shared photo or two, talk about a MAJOR P.R. DISASTER.

brkgnews

Hehheh -- if they let me in the castle suite, they could have served me dookie souflee for dinner and I wouldn't have griped.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm not doubting that you won, as somebody was bound to win from this site, and I'm very happy for you. :sohappy:

I'm just really confused over this new legal twist that seems to have been thrown into the mix.

mrssparrow

Hehheh -- if they let me in the castle suite, they could have served me dookie souflee for dinner and I wouldn't have griped.
I can't even type, I'm still laughing....

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

but in all seriousness, I can't imagine that they forbid you to post pictures. what can they possibly do.... It isn't a prize they can take back and unless you had to be fingerprinted, they can't ban you from the parks.... The biometrics "most wanted" list....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom