Is it greedy to hope there will be major discounts coming out due to the current situation?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Going August 24-29 and opted to not book when the room rate discount was available in hopes a better deal would come along.
Now with the current situation I'm feeling like there will be discounts and maybe even better ones than they planned on because they are currently losing a lot of revenue and may need to entice people to not be scared of going.
Am I just awful for hoping this?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A lot of frequent Disney travelers have probably considered this...

...might be a tad premature/tone deaf to talk about it though.

I’m sure as many people here who can will support Disney when things loosen back up. And Disney will likely need to do something to incentivize it.

I’m sure there will be much discussion when the time comes.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

I am hoping that everything will go on sale, including groceries. I work in a donut shop that is shut down most days and so I am not getting paid. I could use the deals.

Upvote 0

mdcpr

You mean the ones that may not have functioning airlines to get there?
Not just that. The ones with less Covid-19 cases than us that might be thinking we don't have a good handle on the situation and will skip FL as a vacation spot. Also, the ones that will decide to splurge locally/regionally and not in the US. Airlines are still working btw.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I don't think it's greedy. I've had my September trip planned since December and I'm hoping that Disney will offer discounts, I was secretly crossing my fingers that they'd offer free dining. I'm honestly doubting it just because of the amount of people that are rescheduling their trips that were already paid for though. I'm just hoping they're all planning on going during school breaks or something now that kids are going to be out for so long and they won't want them to miss any time. I know that I'm going to be wrong and that crowds will be rough compared to what I was initially looking at, but one can hope and be optimistic, right?

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I think that the people who have already paid for their vacations and had to rebook their vacations will return. But I would not be surprised if vacations get cancelled for a variety of reasons. WDW already extended the Summer of Fun discounts to the end of August (not that those are great). But if the parks open and there is a recession and parks are at low capacity as in post-9/11, I think there will be better discounts (we took advantage of those deals back in the day and kick ourselves we didn't buy into DVC back then)!

Upvote 0

biggy H

A lot of people on the disney boards I frequent in the UK are all still planning on going.. They have either moved to the end of th7 year or to next year. No one has said that they won't be going at all now. Demand is still there just waiting to be able to go.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
A lot of people on the disney boards I frequent in the UK are all still planning on going.. They have either moved to the end of th7 year or to next year. No one has said that they won't be going at all now. Demand is still there just waiting to be able to go.

But you did say they are delaying their trips.... so doesn't sound like demand will be there for them until late 2020/early 2021....
Also "demand" on a Disney forum does not represent the majority.

Upvote 0

ThatMouse

But if everyone books then there is no need for discounts so how is that the better idea?
The room rate discount is not nearly as good as free dining for me personally so I'm gonna hold out for a bit longer.

A rack rate to me is a back-up plan and only if not an insane rate. I agree that $400 a night is stupid, but people still pay it, especially those who do packages and don't really do the math. $6000 for a week is easier to swallow than realizing you are paying 4 times the rate of most hotels including ones that are less than a mile away from Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom