Is it even worth it to visit Pandora on opening weekend?

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
This thread can also be used for anyone wanting specific information about Pandora's Opening Weekend.

We're going to be at WDW from the 27th to the 29th, but obviously, all fast passes are taken. We stay at the Shades of Green so we can only do 30 days, but you do get Extra Magic Hours. Will it even be worth it if we stay at the Animal Kingdom from 7am-1am on Sunday? Or will the crowds be so bad you cannot even move? I suspect they will limit guest flow. We will also be going with some first timers, so our group will be 8 people... thus making single-rider fundamentally difficult. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Magic Feather

This thread can also be used for anyone wanting specific information about Pandora's Opening Weekend.

We're going to be at WDW from the 27th to the 29th, but obviously, all fast passes are taken. We stay at the Shades of Green so we can only do 30 days, but you do get Extra Magic Hours. Will it even be worth it if we stay at the Animal Kingdom from 7am-1am on Sunday? Or will the crowds be so bad you cannot even move? I suspect they will limit guest flow. Thanks everyone!
This is one of those "define worth it" times. There will be significant crowds in Pandora, but not necessarily the rest of the park. NRJ's Capacity isn't too great, and will have significant wait times often. You have more opportunities for FoP, but still iffy. It would really depend on when you return to the world next.

Daveeeeed

Original Poster
This is one of those "define worth it" times. There will be significant crowds in Pandora, but not necessarily the rest of the park. NRJ's Capacity isn't too great, and will have significant wait times often. You have more opportunities for FoP, but still iffy. It would really depend on when you return to the world next.
As always thank you for your thoughtful answer!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Crowds plus operational breakdowns?

If it were just me trying to take in the experience and have tales for the future... sure

If i had my family to keep happy... id take advantage of going opposite to the crowds

Pandora will still be there next trip...

DoleWhipperSnapper

Worth it is such a judgement call for every single person. Sure it will be extremely crowded and you may not be able to experience it fully as you would in the future when the crowds thin out, but some people enjoy the excitement and the newness of it all. I say whatever you feel if you will get enjoyment out of it then go and spend you time among the crowds. If you are not that sort of person then wait and enjoy it when the crowds are more reasonable. Either way everyone with be satisfied.

Dizney Crew

What's the earliest you can get into the parking lot to start lining up to get in. My friends and I are contemplating showing up for opening day, but if I have to show up at 4:00am or earlier to line up, I'm out.

UpAllNight

I'll be there and I'm so excited as we booked up ages ago and we have managed to catch the opening during our last 4 days...we are under no illusion though that it's going to be a day of queues...but we have secured 3 good fast passes for the rest of the park so even if we only get on the 2 new ones...5 rides, a few shows and experiencing Pandora will make it very much worth it.

Macca250

I remember being at IoA when WWoHP had opened just a few weeks prior. The crowds were hectic and we were herded around the park just to gain access to the land (as in we had to go through Marvel, Toon Lagoon and Jurassic in a big queue). Sounds pretty bad, right? Actually, I think most people got a buzz out of it. I know crowds are uncomfortable at times, but we were there just to experience the new expansion so we had plenty of time to spare. I Personally wouldn't shy away from something brand new (especially as it's the first major expansion at WDW for many, many years discounting NFL) just because there might be queueing involved. I actually enjoyed seeing people experience this stuff for the first time and everyone in the queues shared the same anitipcation and appreciation for the details. But likewise I can understand that the heat and the crowds can be difficult if you have younger/older guests in your group and if you have a big To-Do List during your visit.

If all FP+s have gone I'd just take a look when you get there and decide for yourselves. Hope you have fun :happy:

disney4life2008

Just remember it will be hot. And animal kingdom is the worse for air conditioning. As long as you can handle heavy crowds, lots of waiting, and heat. You will be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom