Is it better to avoid the extra morning hour park or take advan. of the extra hour?

bar1986

Original Poster
I have read differing advice on this. Is it better to take advantage of the extra morning hour or go to a different park and have smaller crowds? I know that it would be best to go early than hop to a different park, but we do not have hopper passes. So extra morning hour/larger crowds vs no extra morning hour/smaller crowds?

Thanks,

I've found the morning EMH to be less crowded than the evening. Also, it really depends on if you have little ones and which park you're going to...if you have kids, then def. take advantage of MK early EMH. It's a great expereince.

ToTBellHop

Extra time in the parks? It's a no-brainer...take advantage of it. You can sleep AFTER your vacation :)

I wouldn't ever miss an evening EMH...love the parks at night!

the-reason14

Yea, we always take advantage of the emhs even the evening ones. Even though the ones in the evening tend to be more crowded than the parks are normally during the day, we just see it as extra magic time in the parks after dark. And plus, if you really really know what your doing the evening magic can be used as a great time saver.

DisneyChik17

If there are Evening EMHs, I would go to the park with those. They are longer and the the parks have a completly different look at night. If there are no Evening EMHs I would take advantage of the morning ones. If there happens to be both in one day at the same park, take a nap on one of the rides or in HoP.

happymom52003

(I only have experience with morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom, so that is what my comments pertain too....I can't speak for evening EMH or other parks)
Depends on the time of year you are going. If it is a slower time, than for me the EMH is not worth getting up early because I need my sleep to be happy:) . In slower seasons the first hour the MK is open on non EMH days are just as good. And the times we have done morning EMH, the park WAS more crowded after regular opening time....so although we enjoyed the EMH, we ended up leaving before lunch and going to another park. If you had a park hopper, I would say go to the EMH and if it gets to crowded later on go to a different park. But without the park hopper, I am not sure I would risk it since you would be stuck at the park. My advice would be to skip the MK on the day it has morning EMH, and go another day when it first opens....it is fun to see the official opening anyway, and you will still have about an hour of short waits.

Fun2BFree

The queues are never as long as during normal park hours, and the parks, especially Epcot and Animal Kingdom are very beautiful at night.:sohappy:

Yes, take advantage of it! I found MGM and Animal Kingdom to be the best parks for the morning hours. What I do is at MGM, I can get 3-4 rides on RnRc & ToT and at AK I can get at least 2 on Everest, 1 on dinosaur, and fit in It's Tough to be a Bug. But that's just me and my family, you might have different ride/attraction choices.

I found Magic Kingdom to be the worst morning EMH. Just because all the rides/attractions aren't open, and it's only an extra hour in the morning. By the time that hour is up, it gets busy QUICK! Magic Kingdom is the best at night for th EMH. Some nights we ride Splash Mountain 3-4 times without having go exit our log.

Epcot is alright for the EMH mornings. Soarin' and Test Track form a line quickly, even with the EMH. And again, since it's only an hour before the park opens, you can't get too much done and the park fills up very quick. But I think Epcot offers better EMH's for the mornings rather than night, because every time I've been there at night with the EMH it's still crazy! Although last week Soarin' was 45 minutes, so that's not bad.

And, this all depends on what time of the year you are going. But I say you should definitely take advantage of the EMH! Have fun!

HoW

We always take advantage of morning EMHs. Even the MK, which does fill up fast, is worth it. We've always found that people tend to shy away from the parks with morning EMHs which gives those that do invest the time a chance to catch a few more attractions in the morning. However, with evening EMHs it seems like everyone and their cousins show up, so, in that situation we opt to find another park to go to.

C&D

We also take advantage of the extra morning hour. Since this extra hour tends to fill the park earlier then what would generally be expected, we usually will then park hop elsewhere around noon. As far as the evening extra hours, these tend to be somewhat more crowded as the people are already there, from the regular hours, and just have the opportunity to stay longer; these we tend to avoid, if it is, during the busier seasons.

dazzer68

arent the early mornings and late evenings in different parks on the same day?
so ie eh @mk in morning and late in mgm?
if they are do them all! take advantage of the extra hours only for dinsey resort guests.the mornings usaullly quieter but depends on what your doing and with who if you have kids that might be difficult, but if you adult party do one in morning then afternoon go to other for late night!

DisneyMusician2

I prefer the evening EMH to the morning, but I try to actually aviod the park that has the early EMH, and hit a different park. It tends to be a magnet for the crowds. If I do go, I always bug out after the park opens to the public and hit another park. Then again, I am a bit "Disney Intense"...

pixiedust2007

If you do not have a Park Hopper, I would DEFINITELY avoid the park with morning EMH. It will become extremely crowded once the park opens to the public and then you will be stuck there with the huge crowds. I would recommend going to whatever park had evening EMH the previous night - they tend to be the least crowded. Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom