Is Genie+ worth it at Epcot with test track closed?

the_disney_dreamer

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I’ll be going to Disney world next week and the first park we’re visiting is Epcot on Monday. I was glancing through park wait times today and although Remy’s, Frozen, and test track have long waits, every other ride (aside from guardians ofc) is a walk on. We had planned to get genie+ for every single park just since it will only be two of us and we’re paying for genie+ separately, so the price should be manageable. However, when we’ll be there, test track will be closed for refurbishment and I’m wondering if it’s even worth getting genie+ since the only two big rides at Epcot will be ratatouille and frozen at that point. We were planning on rope dropping ratatouille, so the only ride we would really need genie+ on is frozen. However, we’re also staying at a deluxe resort, so we’ll have extended evening hours that night and frozen wait times should hopefully be lower. In y’all’s opinion, should we still get genie+ at Epcot or should we just save the $20? Thanks for any input y’all might have!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It would be nice if they moved Cosmic Rewind to Stand-By + Genie+ when Test Track closes... though I have no evidence that they would do that (or even consider it).

FWIW, we found that EVERYONE went straight to Ratatouille at the start of the Extended Evening hours, so hitting that some other time is a smart move. We were fine without using Genie+ at all at EPCOT this past summer (and that was with Test Track open). So if I were you, I'd generally skip it (unless Cosmic Rewind is included... then it might be worth it).

the_disney_dreamer

Original Poster
It would be nice if they moved Cosmic Rewind to Stand-By + Genie+ when Test Track closes... though I have no evidence that they would do that (or even consider it).

FWIW, we found that EVERYONE went straight to Ratatouille at the start of the Extended Evening hours, so hitting that some other time is a smart move. We were fine without using Genie+ at all at EPCOT this past summer (and that was with Test Track open). So if I were you, I'd generally skip it (unless Cosmic Rewind is included... then it might be worth it).
Thank you for the feedback! It’s helpful to know we’re making a good decision to rope drop remy’s instead of frozen!

NelleBelle

If trying for the IG at any of the resorts besides swan/dolphin, you’ll need an ADR at a TS restaurant. You will lokely be turned away unless you have a resort rervation or ADR. You can’t do QS, say you’re wanting to shop, etc. This happens at the monorail resorts too.

MarissaBullock

Hey there! Sounds like you've got a great plan for your Disney World trip! Considering Test Track will be closed and you're rope dropping Ratatouille, Genie+ might not be necessary unless you're really keen on minimizing wait times for Frozen. With extended evening hours at a deluxe resort, Frozen's lines should hopefully be more manageable later in the day. If you're okay with a bit of wait for Frozen and want to save the $20, it might be worth skipping Genie+ for Epcot this time. I hope you are going to Enjoy your trip and everything will be okay. It's a great time to visit disney world right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom