Is FastPass+ going to be available for non-resort Annual Passholders?

Rob562

It's either going to be available for AP's or not and absent any published facts otherwise it appears the answer is NOT and I'm just going to have to deal with that. Disney isn't even responding to inquiries sent to Guest Relations- nothing but the auto responder that the message was received.

As sjhym333 said, Disney *has* said that both MagicBands and FP+ reservations *are* coming for AP holders. They just haven't released a date yet. If you don't believe us, go read for yourself:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

Pieces of info to gleam from that page:
-Ability to reserve FP+ beforehand.
-You'll be getting a MagicBand.

As for making FP+ reservations, it's limited to however many days you have on the ticket that's linked to your MDE profile. So if you're staying at a resort for 7 days but only have a 3-day ticket, you should only be able to make 3 days' worth of FP+ reservations. The same goes for AP holders. Without an active resort reservation, they're limited to a set number of days of FP+ reservations at any one time. (I've heard that it's 7, but I'd hope they'd increase it to 10) To make FP+ reservations on an additional day, you have to either cancel a day's worth of FP+, or use said day's FP+ reservations.

-Rob

Phonedave

I have an AP and was a FP+ test subject last week, so I have my AP linked to my magic band.

I currently have a on property reservation for June, but nothing else in the system.

I just went into the app, and I can make FP+ reservations out to Jan 10, 2014 at this time. That's 60 days out.

Don't know if it is going to stay that way, but that's what it is right now.

Phonedave

As sjhym333 said, Disney *has* said that both MagicBands and FP+ reservations *are* coming for AP holders. They just haven't released a date yet. If you don't believe us, go read for yourself:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/passholder/

Pieces of info to gleam from that page:
-Ability to reserve FP+ beforehand.
-You'll be getting a MagicBand.

As for making FP+ reservations, it's limited to however many days you have on the ticket that's linked to your MDE profile. So if you're staying at a resort for 7 days but only have a 3-day ticket, you should only be able to make 3 days' worth of FP+ reservations. The same goes for AP holders. Without an active resort reservation, they're limited to a set number of days of FP+ reservations at any one time. (I've heard that it's 7, but I'd hope they'd increase it to 10) To make FP+ reservations on an additional day, you have to either cancel a day's worth of FP+, or use said day's FP+ reservations.

-Rob

Just went in and tried making multiple days of FP+ reservations. I was able to make 8 days, with 3 reservations on each day ( Dec 29 - Jan 5) before the system told me I was "Out of days" on my AP

So it currently seems set to allow 8 days - of course that can change at any time.

Don't worry - I went in and cancelled all those FP+ reservations.

Just a note, different people in your party can have different FP+ reservations. The system noted that I was out of days. Not everyone linked to me.

-dave

Last edited:

Rob562

Just went in and tried making multiple days of FP+ reservations. I was able to make 8 days, with 3 reservations on each day ( Dec 29 - Jan 5) before the system told me I was "Out of days" on my AP

So it currently seems set to allow 8 days - of course that can change at any time.

Don't worry - I went in and cancelled all those FP+ reservations.

Just a note, different people in your party can have different FP+ reservations. The system noted that I was out of days. Not everyone linked to me.

-dave

And as a side note, you *should* be able to copy your existing FP+ reservations to other friends you're linked to. So if someone joins your trip after FP+ has already been arranged, you should be able to add them into your plans.

-Rob

J061112C

Care to share what it includes since not all of us have received the latest version yet and it doesn't appear to be available on the website?

It basically said that MyMagic+ is coming in 2014 and that over the coming months, they would contact us with more information on getting magic bands...etc. I think that's pretty much what it said last issue, except this time we know it's coming next year at some point.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
It basically said that MyMagic+ is coming in 2014 and that over the coming months, they would contact us with more information on getting magic bands...etc. I think that's pretty much what it said last issue, except this time we know it's coming next year at some point.

Thanks. That is certainly really disappointing that they are pushing it off to next year now. The 'coming months' language is what they've been using since the spring when they first started the transition to touch-to-enter RFID admission media.

It seems that the non-resort guest AP holder is really getting screwed in this transition with no end in site. I've paid for the most expensive admission ticket they have and my ability to experience the parks continues to be reduced with each passing month as FP's for headliner attractions are essentially no longer available to me.

I've been waiting 1-1/2 weeks since my email to Guest Relations on the topic but so far have received absolutely no response at all.

Phonedave

Thanks. That is certainly really disappointing that they are pushing it off to next year now. The 'coming months' language is what they've been using since the spring when they first started the transition to touch-to-enter RFID admission media.

It seems that the non-resort guest AP holder is really getting screwed in this transition with no end in site. I've paid for the most expensive admission ticket they have and my ability to experience the parks continues to be reduced with each passing month as FP's for headliner attractions are essentially no longer available to me.

I've been waiting 1-1/2 weeks since my email to Guest Relations on the topic but so far have received absolutely no response at all.

Book a room.

Get invited to be FP+.

Get the band in the mail.

Link your AP.

Cancel your room reservation.

Of course getting invited to test FP+ is the trick now isn't it. I'm wondering what is going to happen this summer. My wife and I are AP and FP+ from this last trip, but this summer we are going with the kids and the in-laws. If they have not rolled out full FP+ for all by that time, I really hope we will all be in the test group - otherwise my wife and I will be able to be FP+, but not anybody else. The entire groups is in MDE under my account, and I am ASSUMING that when I add park media to their names, I will be able to do FP+ for them all. I'll have to check that out after I buy the admission tickets for them,

-dave

Phonedave

And as a side note, you *should* be able to copy your existing FP+ reservations to other friends you're linked to. So if someone joins your trip after FP+ has already been arranged, you should be able to add them into your plans.

-Rob

That is a nice feature *if* it works. Time will tell.

-dave

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a note that it's been 2 weeks since my email to WDW Guest Relations requesting an update on Passholder eligibility for FP+. Other than the automated response that the email was received right after I sent it, Disney has not responded at all.

J061112C

Just a note that it's been 2 weeks since my email to WDW Guest Relations requesting an update on Passholder eligibility for FP+. Other than the automated response that the email was received right after I sent it, Disney has not responded at all.

I did find this last night

http://kennythepirate.com/2013/10/11/cast-members-testing-mymagic-for-annual-passholders/

Although an Orlando sentinel news article yesterday said mymagic+ is behind schedule and it could be at minimum several more months before a full rollout.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Original Poster
So after 2-1/2 weeks and a follow-up email I finally got a phone call from WDW Guest Relations on the topic today. Unfortunately, it was just what I expected. The dialog made it clear that non-WDW resort guest AP holders should not expect to see FP+ eligibility until some undetermined date in 2014. Lots of rehearsed responses about "we know you're frustrated", "testing is continuing", "we don't have a date at this time" and "we are getting lots of calls from AP holders with similar complaints/concerns".

In my 2nd email I raised the additional concern that I'll be spending time in the parks with visiting friends during December. Since they can all book FP+ and I can't I would not be able to experience any of those attractions with them. She offered to have some sort of FP available for me as a consideration but I don't have the details on exactly what that means right now. I'm expecting an email that I assume will include details.

So we continue to have no commitment from Disney on Passholder eligibility for FP+

Jeffxz

Book a room.

Get invited to be FP+.

Get the band in the mail.

Link your AP.

Cancel your room reservation.

Of course getting invited to test FP+ is the trick now isn't it. I'm wondering what is going to happen this summer. My wife and I are AP and FP+ from this last trip, but this summer we are going with the kids and the in-laws. If they have not rolled out full FP+ for all by that time, I really hope we will all be in the test group - otherwise my wife and I will be able to be FP+, but not anybody else. The entire groups is in MDE under my account, and I am ASSUMING that when I add park media to their names, I will be able to do FP+ for them all. I'll have to check that out after I buy the admission tickets for them,

-dave

Everyone is invited if you have a resort reservation. There is no trick needed, so if you are staying at a resort you should be fine.

If you're not all on a resort reservation it will be a bit different. Unless a MDE user has booked/completed a resort stay they won't be eligible for FP+. If you book a resort, make FP+ selections, then cancel the booking, the FP+ eligibility will be removed. I tried all these things about a month ago when I had a similar situation. 2 of us are AP holders who could use FP+ from a previous stay, 4 in our group were first timers. I ended up booking a room for the four of them at one of the all stars and never even bothered to checkin, i just ate the $130. This allowed them to have FP+ booked and they stayed elgibile the entire week.

If you're desperate enough to have everyone on FP+, you might want to consider booking a campground for 1 night. It will waste about $60 but that might be worth it to you. (The campgrounds didn't have FP+ when we checked in so I had to do all-star).

This was all true as of the last week of October, I don't know if there have been changes to this policy since.

stillgoofy

I have an AP and was a FP+ test subject last week, so I have my AP linked to my magic band.

I currently have a on property reservation for June, but nothing else in the system.

I just went into the app, and I can make FP+ reservations out to Jan 10, 2014 at this time. That's 60 days out.

Don't know if it is going to stay that way, but that's what it is right now.

We recently stayed on property for only one night (and offsite for 7 nights). As an AP holder we were able to make FastPass+ reservations for only 7 days, instead of the 9 days. No big deal for us and we did stagger the days of FastPass+. I also just went into MDE to try to make other FastPass+ and also was able to make them out to January (60 days out) and we do not currently have another onsite reservation at this point. Looks like the key is already staying onsite for 1 night opens up the opportunity.

J061112C

We recently stayed on property for only one night (and offsite for 7 nights). As an AP holder we were able to make FastPass+ reservations for only 7 days, instead of the 9 days. No big deal for us and we did stagger the days of FastPass+. I also just went into MDE to try to make other FastPass+ and also was able to make them out to January (60 days out) and we do not currently have another onsite reservation at this point. Looks like the key is already staying onsite for 1 night opens up the opportunity.

This is exactly what happened to us. We are also AP holders. I was able to make FP+ from the day of reservation up to 60 days out. We stayed one night. We still have access to FP+ and used out bands on a trip last week. All worked out just fine.

Susan Savia

Well one thing I won't be doing is booking a WDW room JUST to be able to get a FP. We are happy with our offsite accommodations and besides that, it's ridiculous to have to book your FP+ reservations months ahead. How do you know what you'll be doing, in what park you'll be on any given day or time and all that so far in advance? Same reason we only make one or two Dining Reservations.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yes I think it is a challenging time. Of course the easy answer for AP holders is to go get a room at a resort for a couple of nights. Your AP is then tied to the FP+ system and I hear that after people leave they still have access.

This was my experience. We are locals but booked a "staycation" recently (just because we wanted to...not with the intention of "getting in the system") and now we can make reservations for fp+ on days we aren't resort guests.

J061112C

Well one thing I won't be doing is booking a WDW room JUST to be able to get a FP. We are happy with our offsite accommodations and besides that, it's ridiculous to have to book your FP+ reservations months ahead. How do you know what you'll be doing, in what park you'll be on any given day or time and all that so far in advance? Same reason we only make one or two Dining Reservations.

I don't think we would know 60 days out either. Unless it's a special day, like new years. Aside from that, we usually know a week or so before we plan to go. I've never had any issues booking FP+ a week out, I've even swapped stuff around on the same day as our visit, so as of now, I wouldn't say planning months ahead is necessary. For us, it works out pretty good because we rarely used paper FP, since they were all gone prior to our arrival.

Phonedave

We were asked to do a survery on our MB/FP+ experience.

One of the common questions in the survery was about planning ahead vs. lack of spontineity. It seems to be something that gets mentioned a lot. Disney seems to be aware of it - but who knows what they are going to do about it.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom