Is Fast Pass adaptable?

guyincognito

Original Poster
I have a question about the operation of fast pass - I presume fast pass is configured for each ride to distribute a set number of tickets per day. Are these tickets printed with an even distribution of return times over the day (So, for example, every hour 250 guests can use the fast pass line)? Or are there lulls in the day for particular attractions where the fast pass could theoretically distribute more tickets during that time window? (Say, around noon since a lot of people are eating lunch it will distribute 300 tickets for 12 - 1). Can it distribute less when a ride is operating below maximum capacity? Is it set up differently for weekends/holidays than weekdays or otherwise slow times? I'm curious as to how much tweaking goes in to the system to accommodate different crowd and capacity scenarios. If anyone could shed any light on its operation I'd appreciate it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm not certain, but I think it distributes a fixed percentage of the ride's capacity for every hour.

disneydata

The FastPass system is extremly adaptable. On many attractions, there are set times where less FPs are distributed due to a known influx of guests (parade dump for instance). It also adjusts distrubion amounts for higher or lower capacities (not all ride vehicles operating). During the holidays, changes can be made for additional known busy times. Almost everything about the system is adjustable. It is a very nice, well thought out system that only requires a little user input.

Any other questions? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom