IS Fantasmic a tough FP+

twebber55

Original Poster
to get in the afternoon...
im wondering if I can go to MK that morning and then go over to DHS around 2 to get a FP for fantasmic

JohnD

to get in the afternoon...
im wondering if I can go to MK that morning and then go over to DHS around 2 to get a FP for fantasmic

The change to the FP+ system beyond the first three (or showing up as an AP holder) is so new I don't think anyone has any historical data to go by yet.

cw1982

From what I read on Touring Plans, Fantasmic is actually not a good use of a FP.

From the article:

"Disney offers Fastpass+ reservations for Fantasmic!, but we don’t think it’s useful. For one thing, your Fastpass+ reservation doesn’t guarantee you a seat; you must still arrive 30 to 60 minutes beforehand to guarantee a good spot. Arrive 5 minutes before the show starts and you’re likely to be turned away, even with Fastpass+. Also, there’s no special section reserved for Fastpass+ guests, whereas there is for guests who’ve booked the Fantasmic! dinner package. So using Fastpass+ at Fantasmic!doesn’t guarantee you a seat, doesn’t save you any time in line, and prevents you from using Fastpass+ at Toy Story Mania and Rock ‘n Roller Coaster."

I haven't done this personally, but the above sounds like a logical reason to not bother worrying about FP+ for this particular show.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I was there in early April with FP+ in hand. The best areas are for those with Dining Packages. FP+ is just off center and then more off center the later you arrive. The park was only an attendance 4 that day and within a half hour all the standby seats were gone, I'd say the standby area was less than a 1/4 of the stadium maybe closer to 1/8th which I found sad. Dining took up a chunk as did FP+ The platform that was built for over flow standby was being used for a private dining experience.

We had no problems booking FP+ a few weeks out but they were booked out the day we went for the first show. The second show hate seating, sadly a thunderstorm blew in as we returned to the resort and the second show was cancelled. Felt bad for those standby folk as they were coming in, almost 2 hours in advance of when we were departing the stadium. This is a good show, not my favorite but I don't go often. It pretty much requires you even with reservations to be in the stadium an hour to an hour and a half in advance for a nice seat.

cw1982

I was there in early April with FP+ in hand. The best areas are for those with Dining Packages. FP+ is just off center and then more off center the later you arrive. The park was only an attendance 4 that day and within a half hour all the standby seats were gone, I'd say the standby area was less than a 1/4 of the stadium maybe closer to 1/8th which I found sad. Dining took up a chunk as did FP+ The platform that was built for over flow standby was being used for a private dining experience.

We had no problems booking FP+ a few weeks out but they were booked out the day we went for the first show. The second show hate seating, sadly a thunderstorm blew in as we returned to the resort and the second show was cancelled. Felt bad for those standby folk as they were coming in, almost 2 hours in advance of when we were departing the stadium. This is a good show, not my favorite but I don't go often. It pretty much requires you even with reservations to be in the stadium an hour to an hour and a half in advance for a nice seat.

Not to change the subject (much), but is it worth that kind of wait time if you have to choose between that and getting to other attractions before the night is over? Our day at HS is predicted to be a 5, so not much busier than when you were there (if the prediction is accurate)...so it may not be an issue, but I was curious to get your thoughts on this.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Not to change the subject (much), but is it worth that kind of wait time if you have to choose between that and getting to other attractions before the night is over? Our day at HS is predicted to be a 5, so not much busier than when you were there (if the prediction is accurate)...so it may not be an issue.

And there you have it! That is the very reason why we do not do Fantasmic all that often. It is a very unique show but like I said not my favorite (others are over the top in love with it though) I'm just not one to wait 5 hours for Anna and Elsa, Guard a Parade spot for an hour+, or stake out a claim much more than 20 minutes for illuminations.

Unfortunately Fantasmic is the night show that you need to be admitted to and if you are not early or make some type of ressies you're out of luck. Standing room only is OK for adults but Kids will not be able to see much if anything.

cw1982

And there you have it! That is the very reason why we do not do Fantasmic all that often. It is a very unique show but like I said not my favorite (others are over the top in love with it though) I'm just not one to wait 5 hours for Anna and Elsa, Guard a Parade spot for an hour+, or stake out a claim much more than 20 minutes for illuminations.

Unfortunately Fantasmic is the night show that you need to be admitted to and if you are not early or make some type of ressies you're out of luck. Standing room only is OK for adults but Kids will not be able to see much if anything.

We don't have kids, so standing room wouldn't be the end of the world for DH and I... but, honestly, if it comes down to seeing Fantasmic or getting to ride RnC one more time, I think I'll be going with RnC (maybe even twice if watching Fantasmic really requires waiting for an hour minimum!)

I started to post a thread about this the other day, but so many here seem to love the show that I was a little afraid I'd get fussed out haha!

Gabe1

We don't have kids, so standing room wouldn't be the end of the world for DH and I... but, honestly, if it comes down to seeing Fantasmic or getting to ride RnC one more time, I think I'll be going with RnC (maybe even twice if watching Fantasmic really requires waiting for an hour minimum!)

I started to post a thread about this the other day, but so many here seem to love the show that I was a little afraid I'd get fussed out haha!

Shhhh...it still might happen. lol

Tom Morrow

Fastpass or not, always save yourself the hassle and see the 2nd showing, if one is offered.

You can almost always show up right before show time and still get in and still get a seat, its often at park closing or after park closing so you aren't missing out on doing other attractions, and the theater is much more calm and laid back.

belledream

Fastpass or not, always save yourself the hassle and see the 2nd showing, if one is offered.

You can almost always show up right before show time and still get in and still get a seat, its often at park closing or after park closing so you aren't missing out on doing other attractions, and the theater is much more calm and laid back.
Agree. And don't get buried front and center in the theater. It will take you ages to get out!

I never got to Fantasmic any earlier than 30 min and have always gotten decent seats. I recommend you save your FP+ for something else :)

lebeau

I have a friend who used a FP for Fantasmic. She was very angry about having wasted a FP.

If you have used up all the FPs for attractions you want and have one to burn, sure, why not? After I have burned through all of my pre-selected FPs, I may see if there are any available. But only after we have ridden every ride with FP that we have any desire to ride. Otherwise, no thanks.

The one time we have watched F! previously, we went to the second show. We arrived 20 minuted before show time and got in no problem.

cw1982

Agree. And don't get buried front and center in the theater. It will take you ages to get out!

I never got to Fantasmic any earlier than 30 min and have always gotten decent seats. I recommend you save your FP+ for something else :)

I have a friend who used a FP for Fantasmic. She was very angry about having wasted a FP.

If you have used up all the FPs for attractions you want and have one to burn, sure, why not? After I have burned through all of my pre-selected FPs, I may see if there are any available. But only after we have ridden every ride with FP that we have any desire to ride. Otherwise, no thanks.

The one time we have watched F! previously, we went to the second show. We arrived 20 minuted before show time and got in no problem.

So, what I'm hearing is that, if we decide to go to F!, it'll be better to go to the second show and to try to sit towards the back to be closer to the exit. Sound about right?

lebeau

So, what I'm hearing is that, if we decide to go to F!, it'll be better to go to the second show and to try to sit towards the back to be closer to the exit. Sound about right?

That's what I'll be doing - assuming we aren't worn out from all the SWW festivities and decide to skip it this year.

belledream

Personally, I don't like sitting too up front and close to stages. I prefer the widescreen view. We usually sit middle to back and can jet out of there when the show ends to beat the crowds to the rides or buses!

cw1982

That's what I'll be doing - assuming we aren't worn out from all the SWW festivities and decide to skip it this year.

Personally, I don't like sitting too up front and close to stages. I prefer the widescreen view. We usually sit middle to back and can jet out of there when the show ends to beat the crowds to the rides or buses!

Thank you both!

To the OP, sorry to have hijacked your thread!

JohnD

During SWW, Fantasmic is at 9:00 and the fireworks are at 9:30. Seems to me, unless you really wanted to do the H&V Star Wars character dinner with the VIP Fantasmic ticket, you would miss the fireworks at 9:30, except to see them from a very bad angle from your seat in the theater toward the end of the show. I'd hold off and go to the 10:30 show for that very reason.

I opted for the Feel the Force package which includes the fireworks dessert party between 9:00-9:45, then I'll go see Fantasmic at 10:30. That day I'll decide whether to use my rolling FP+ for it, if available. If not, as was already mentioned, there shouldn't be a very long wait anyway.

lebeau

During SWW, Fantasmic is at 9:00 and the fireworks are at 9:30. Seems to me, unless you really wanted to do the H&V Star Wars character dinner with the VIP Fantasmic ticket, you would miss the fireworks at 9:30, except to see them from a very bad angle from your seat in the theater toward the end of the show. I'd hold off and go to the 10:30 show for that very reason.

I opted for the Feel the Force package which includes the fireworks dessert party between 9:00-9:45, then I'll go see Fantasmic at 10:30. That day I'll decide whether to use my rolling FP+ for it, if available. If not, as was already mentioned, there shouldn't be a very long wait anyway.

That's exactly what we're doing as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom