Is Dreamworks going to replace Kidszone?

Coolbert

I've heard discussions about a retheme of the area to DreamWorks, but no concrete rumors.

It'll probably end up happening as a quick fix for the area, but within 10 years it would run into the exact same issue that plagues Kidzone now (irrelevant IPs). It would be better to just wait and replace the land with an IP that has longevity and marketability; Pokemon and Spongebob are the best choices in that regard.

Cmdr_Crimson

It makes sense to already..
  • Retheme Fivel's Playland to Trolls
  • Woody's Nuthouse to Donkey's Dragon air
  • The DreamWorks Experience converted to The DreamWorks Theater with Kung Fu Panda adventure
  • And the Curious George area to a Madagascar water play area and King Julian Ballroom in the back.
I just hope with Donkey being moved to the area they update his look similar to him out in USH.
D6QOh7gUEAA4QVu.jpg

JoeCamel

The new location for Donkey is now open in Kidzone..And yet
They sadly never updated him from his drugged up look..
Donkey keeping it real. Donkey got nuthing to hide......
Life's a little stressful for Donkey right now

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
The new location for Donkey is now open in Kidzone..And yet
They sadly never updated him from his drugged up look..
The new meet and greet location looks great! Rumors on the universal forums are kidszone could become a shrek land.

Poseidon Quest

It'll probably end up happening as a quick fix for the area, but within 10 years it would run into the exact same issue that plagues Kidzone now (irrelevant IPs).

To be fair, Shrek is 20 years old at this point and has still managed to remain popular. Perhaps other films like Shark Tale may fail to make an appearance, but I can definitely see something related to Kung Fu Panda or Madagascar. I wouldn't be against them creating a small Dreamworks area and putting a Nintendo property further back. I like the idea of Kid Zone still including E.T. and Animal Actors.

JT3000

I don't mind DreamWorks replacing KidZone, but it needs to be done correctly. They're not going to end up with a cohesive land if they just add some things here and there over time as the article suggests. I don't know why they don't just build a Shrek land like in Singapore, but with an actual dark ride this time. Even Kung Fu Panda is an option. Anything but Trolls please.

I don't know what they were planning with Pokemon, but it's evident that they still have plans for it. When and where are the questions (especially with only Japan being mentioned in the initial announcement.) It makes much more sense to put it next to Nintendo in Epic Universe rather than the Studios, which should stick to movie & television themes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom