Is "Disney's Keys to the Kingdom" worth it?

Crystal J

I am going on a solo trip for a few days in May and was thinking of adding a tour. I love history, Disney and educational things - so I am thinking a tour would be right up my alley. I was leaning towards the Key's to the Kingdom. Has anyone been on this tour and can comment if it is worth it? I just visited in December and going back in October, so I am ok with missing some attraction in order to do a tour. Are there any other tours that people prefer?

lilclerk

I did it on my first solo trip a few years ago. I definitely thought it was worth it! It was very interactive, and I met some great people. I didn't really learn much, since I'm already a WDW nerd, but it was cool to be taken on a tour. Getting to go backstage is kind of cool, too.
We did ride Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and PotC as a group, plus lunch is included.

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

Just did this tour on 2/24. My DH and I loved it. We rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion and had a wonderful time and learned several new things. The backstage areas are pretty neat to see. We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House. It's a 5 hour tour. I would suggest the 8:30am tour as your tour will start before the mad rush of everyone entering the park. We were on the 9am and our first 15 minutes or so were a little hectic. You do wear a headset throughout the tour but it's definitely necessary to hear your guide as you tour the park. You can get in MK early so take advantage of an empty MSUSA. Just remember there are no cameras allowed.

I would definitely recommend the tour.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

We did the tour 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. We don't travel a lot but whenever we do we like to take the local ghost tour, not because we think we'll see a ghost but we love the stories and history from the tour guide. This is the same with the Disney tours, love hearing the stories and the history. Now I'm probably the only person who will admit this but I could have done with less time in the utildor part, for someone with a fear of being trapped the area was a little tight for me.

Upvote 0

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Did you find that each tour was unique? I was wondering about trying it again sometime. I think your guide would be the difference.

It was over ten years between tours, so I would guess about 50% of it had changed. Some of the stuff on the first tour no long was there on the second tour (sound stage, costume shops, etc.) Still both tours where great.

Upvote 0

Roo Bear

We did the tour in 2006 - our 3rd trip to WDW & it was amazing! Learnt such a lot of great info & the guide we had was just lovely. Would definitely do it again at some point. Daughter & her fiance doing in November when we are next there so hope they enjoy it. We (4 adults) also did the longer tour around all 4 parks (can't remember the name) & we all felt that K2K was much more interesting. I would highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I am going on a solo trip for a few days in May and was thinking of adding a tour. I love history, Disney and educational things - so I am thinking a tour would be right up my alley. I was leaning towards the Key's to the Kingdom. Has anyone been on this tour and can comment if it is worth it? I just visited in December and going back in October, so I am ok with missing some attraction in order to do a tour. Are there any other tours that people prefer?
What "worth it" means to you has a big impact on the answer.

Upvote 0

CamiLyn227

We had an amazing time on the tour. I would definitely recommend it. It would be something I would do again any day. Especially if I even get the chance to go on a solo trip.

Upvote 0

sissa216

We very much enjoyed it. We had a wonderful guide who was very passionate about his role and gave a very good tour. It is nice way to visit the parks in a different way, focus on the details and appreciate the history.

Upvote 0

AngieTink27

Yes it is worth it! We did this during our Disneymoon and had a blast! I highly recommend this for any WDW fanactic. Lot's of good knowledge, and even if you already know a lot of the facts, it is still a fun experience.

Upvote 0

Marc Gil

Yes yes yes yes!!! It's an amazing and immersive experience! I did it last summer for my birthday and it was simply MAGICAL!

Like what @luis71091 said, I knew most of what my tour guide was saying, but you get to explore a lot of the backstage areas of the Magic Kingdom. It's very intriguing. It's worth doing once, heck I might even do it again some other time!

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that depending on the time of your tour, you get to enter the park before it actually opens. It's surreal!!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom