Is Disney Working on a 5th park anytime soon?

MagicQuest154

Original Poster
When do you guys expect the next theme park to be built at Disney?? Just curious do they have some developements in the works..or are they just sticking to expanding WDW as of right now?

urbanvegan

Welcome to the boards, first of all. :wave:

If you take a look around the site, you will find this question is raised an awful lot, and a lot is already written on the subject.

To give you the summary: all signs and inside word point to an expansion of current projects and parks rather than starting any new ones.

Try using the "Search" function in the toolbar up top and you will find this topic discussed ad nauseum.

trr1

welcome to the forum

probably not within the next 15 or 20 years or more but if they keep getting rid of the land like they have they wont have the room even if they did want to add a park in the future

_Scar

The 40th IS coming up, and things can always occur. No resorts or parks are planned that I know of or rumored (if it is, it's probably fan created) , but things here change daily. Look how fast the Fantasyland expansion popped up. BTW, to the poster above, 2/3 of the land is still undeveloped; don't worry above them "giving away" land.

JimboJones123

I like that this has not been discussed fo a while now.

Currently two of the four parks are two day parks. Two of the parks are half day parks.

Until the two half day parks are finished, there would not be much need for a fifth park.

The real burning question is:

"Would adding a fifth park change people's vacation habits an make them stay longer or would people just option to forfit one day at a different park?"

When there were just two parks WDW was not an week long vacation destination.

Only when MGM Studios (have not typed that in a long time) opened did it become the Vacation Kingdom.

When AK opened, WDW converted many long weekenders to week long vacationers.

Would opening a fifth park have the same kind of impact and change guest patterns.

Most agree "No".

I just got back from a fourteen day trip. Time spent in AK, one operating day. We visited MK 7 times though. For us, we would not stay for an extra day and bring in more money, we would just go to MK one time less. So there would be a huge financial loss of operating an entire extra park for no financial return.

The only reason to open a fifth park would be of the others were at capacity so often that Disney could not support the crowds through expansion, or if businesses added an extra week of vacation to employees so they would have more vacation flexibility.

The current park number is good enough with plenty of land for expansion.

trr1

The 40th IS coming up, and things can always occur. No resorts or parks are planned that I know of or rumored (if it is, it's probably fan created) , but things here change daily. Look how fast the Fantasyland expansion popped up. BTW, to the poster above, 3/4 of the land is still undeveloped; don't worry above them "giving away" land.
but isnt over half of the land owned by the Walt Disney World Resort a protected wetlands that they can never build on?

_Scar

but isnt over half of the land owned by the Walt Disney World Resort a protected wetlands that they can never build on?

I'm pretty sure they can build on all of it, but don't quote me on that. Everything was wetlands when they started, so if I were to guess I'd guess that it is not protected officially. Still, they don't plan on developing 1/3 of the land. :shrug:

IoA is about to get even better. Wasn't that the 5th park?

SirGoofy

5th park = Universal in less than 5 years

Won't happen.

I'm pretty sure they can build on all of it, but don't quote me on that. Everything was wetlands when they started, so if I were to guess I'd guess that it is not protected officially. Still, they don't plan on developing 3/4 of the land. :shrug:

1/3 has been used, 1/3 is open for development, 1/3 will never be used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom