Is Disney like cocaine?

FettFan

giphy.gif

Totally.

Walt Disney1955

always chasing that first "high"? does it get better on subsequent visits or are well all fooling ourselves while the prices are raised to fill our need to capture that first rush?

It never gets worse with age. I went at 10, last went at 38. Still love it, probably more now because there is more freedom to roam around the resort as an adult. You miss it, and I think that's a good thing because we all work hard and deserve to strive to go somewhere that our families can enjoy.

Jrb1979

My high comes from the high thrilling rides. Wish the Mouse had more. One of my favorite coasters is at Cedar Point. Its 400 ft high and goes 120 mph in 3 seconds.

Giss Neric

My high comes from the high thrilling rides. Wish the Mouse had more. One of my favorite coasters is at Cedar Point. Its 400 ft high and goes 120 mph in 3 seconds.
Top Thrill Dragster? It's like high for 15 seconds. Steel Vengeance would get you high longer.

Jrb1979

Top Thrill Dragster? It's like high for 15 seconds. Steel Vengeance would get you high longer.
I agree. Steel Vengeance is my favorite coaster and I think it's the best coaster in the world at the moment. Wish the Mouse would invest in rides like that.

Giss Neric

I agree. Steel Vengeance is my favorite coaster and I think it's the best coaster in the world at the moment. Wish the Mouse would invest in rides like that.
They can't cause Disney prides themselves on immersion. Having big tall giant rollercoasters will ruin immersion and sight lines. Ever wonder why they make rollercoaster indoors, put it inside Mt. Everest, build large fences to hide Slinky Dog etc. Dollywood is a theme park that is comparable to Disney but then you see roller coaster tracks everywhere.

ELG13

I couldn't even tell you why we are so addicted to it anymore. It's not one specific thing it's just DISNEY. But when we leave.....talk about withdrawals.

TotallyBiased

The wife and I talk about going other places for vacation. We want to hit the islands, Ireland, Rome, etc, but we seem to always end up back at Disney. So... sorta...

ELG13

The wife and I talk about going other places for vacation. We want to hit the islands, Ireland, Rome, etc, but we seem to always end up back at Disney. So... sorta...
Same here. We actually live in a popular tourist destination. We looked into getting a becah house for a week (like we do the cabins at Disney). And after factoring in everything it's still cheaper to go to Disney for a week.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
It starts with one little spark at the original two parks
095A2EAF-9040-4F76-8FCD-D767CCF53243.gif

Then you see what the cool kids are doing with the slightly more intense attractions at HS and AK
7EC5074B-813A-4BF5-B875-20F6BBC0B187.gif

Soon, just the parks aren’t enough, you feel the need to cupcake “party”
11D61943-DDD3-4B0F-8897-EFE44291A7C1.gif

Then it’s joining Tables in Wonderland for the special mushrooms
63AABAD4-8DB1-4AFE-A2CA-64326D6F70D7.gif

Soon, that’s not enough and you experiment with more things to puff and Passholder
31A0C0AB-F44B-4A4B-88F9-8A3C23162D1F.gif

So, now you’re going far more than you can afford, but the challenge is gone, what’s left? The Parkeology Challenge (aka Speed)
D672720C-442D-4788-A262-19971ACE1F90.gif

Then, if you still have any money left, you spend it all on the Vacation Club
5B155726-89BB-4183-B388-877A03F73FCE.gif

But that’s not something you can do all the time, you need a quick fix every day for your Disney habit, so you join the forums
55DA9AC8-F2D5-4B41-8133-0A798F26BAFE.gif

And there you have it, it’s a vicious cycle!

The Colonel

Well I never emptied an ATM at 3am for Disney. Never got a nosebleed for Disney. And I never had to drink a six pack and take a Xanax after Disney to sleep. So I say no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom