Is Disney allowing alcoholic beverages to be traded for desserts in DDP Quick Service?

CAlvares

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone using the Disney dinning plan has tried to trade alcoholic beverages for desserts in quick service restaurants. I noticed the beers/sangrias at Satuli Canteen are $9.50 and the desserts are $5.25. Considering my husband and I are not planning on drinking during the day we're hoping to try some yummy desserts instead. Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

DisAl

I wish they would allow some type of substitution. NONE of our family drink, so adding alcoholic drinks is a total waste for us. We almost did not do the dining plan this trip because of this. :(
I know there are some non-alcoholic drinks available but a milkshake with a meal just does not appeal to us.

Rob562

Since the alcoholic beverage is already a substitution for the regular beverage on a QS meal credit, I'd suppose the better question to ask is "can I get a dessert instead of a beverage with my meal".

-Rob

Baldy

I was able to get the soup at Columbia Harbour house instead of my drink last summer (2017 dining plan).
We also got desserts instead of drinks at Gasparilla Island Grill.
I would think it would be the same this year. It depends on the location though. Resorts would be most likely to do it because most people on the ddp will have refillable mugs.
Be Our Guest DOES NOT allow substitutions of any kind.

CAlvares

Original Poster
I was able to get the soup at Columbia Harbour house instead of my drink last summer (2017 dining plan).
We also got desserts instead of drinks at Gasparilla Island Grill.
I would think it would be the same this year. It depends on the location though. Resorts would be most likely to do it because most people on the ddp will have refillable mugs.
Be Our Guest DOES NOT allow substitutions of any kind.
Thank you for the info! I really appreciate it :)

CAlvares

Original Poster
Since the alcoholic beverage is already a substitution for the regular beverage on a QS meal credit, I'd suppose the better question to ask is "can I get a dessert instead of a beverage with my meal".

-Rob
That makes sense :) I just wanted to highlight the "alcoholic" part of it, considering those drinks usually costs more than the dessert, while the regular drink/soda would be cheaper, and they would be less inclined to make the substitution.

Tom P.

My experience with substitutions, or really with anything going outside the "norm" of what the dining plan includes, is that it all really depends on what cast member you get and what they are willing and know how to do. Some are more familiar with the rules than others, and some are just flat out more accommodating than others. I think it all just depends.

susan lees

My experience with substitutions, or really with anything going outside the "norm" of what the dining plan includes, is that it all really depends on what cast member you get and what they are willing and know how to do. Some are more familiar with the rules than others, and some are just flat out more accommodating than others. I think it all just depends.
Very true. Last year when deserts had been dropped from QS plan most places were still offering deset and a drink and we were still left with our 2 extra snacks. Wonder if they have that sorted this year;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom