Is Critter Country getting a rename?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Best case for me personally (if they go ahead with PatF) is that they leave it named Splash Mountain and don’t absorb it into NOS. At least Critter Country is a fictional place and can be viewed as an extension of NOS next door.

That’s exactly what it was always meant to be. New Orleans Square progresses from the cities, to the plantations, and then Critter Country transitions us into bayou country. So, short term, I can’t really see Disney spending $$$ and over complicate things when there is no need to. However, there are examples of them doing just that in the past.

It’s still the same setting that works for both versions of the Splash Mountain . Rename it Critter Bayou, maybe replace some trees that would make it feel more of a swamp setting and it would be fine. Or just leave it as Critter Country that would be fine too and the cheapest option.

TDL

Here is a quick and dirty rough idea of the space I'm talking about utilizing my cruddy paint skills. Pooh building roughly in blue, the entire potential area in red. You can do a lot with this space. And you can clearly see how it already borders into the Resistance forest of current GE.
roughCCarea.png

mickEblu

Here is a quick and dirty rough idea of the space I'm talking about utilizing my cruddy paint skills. Pooh building roughly in blue, the entire potential area in red. You can do a lot with this space. And you can clearly see how it already borders into the Resistance forest of current GE.
View attachment 480405

We don’t want to lose any more charming areas for deserted Star Wars Land.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Cajun Country? If the issue is Pooh they could always shutter it and replace with something else. Not sure what though... Could a Rescuers darkride work in this spot?

TDL

We don’t want to lose any more charming areas for deserted Star Wars Land.
That area would be perfect for another terrible boring SW attraction.

Perhaps an immersive garbage room play area for babies and a trackless robot synchronized "dancing" ride.
Hey, I'm not even saying I -want- it to happen. Just that I see it being something probable to happen. Maybe, at least, they could keep it as a "Forested" Star Wars area. I do still think Pooh and Critter Country is in a bit of a weird position. I would love for it to get replaced with something original rather than Star Wars. Or even a bigger/better Pooh attraction and Hundred Acre Woods mini land. But I don't see how Disney doesn't make this Star Wars stuff given its location.

mickEblu

Hey, I'm not even saying I -want- it to happen. Just that I see it being something probable to happen. Maybe, at least, they could keep it as a "Forested" Star Wars area. I do still think Pooh and Critter Country is in a bit of a weird position. I would love for it to get replaced with something original rather than Star Wars. Or even a bigger/better Pooh attraction and Hundred Acre Woods mini land. But I don't see how Disney doesn't make this Star Wars stuff given its location.

I could get behind it if they keep it forested and make it an Endor ride with Ewoks. I think it’s only right considering the history of that real estate.

SSG

The land that is currently Critter Country could be "isolated" in the same way if it is merged into GE. Paths and entrances can be changed. The railroad that passes through can be enclosed into a tunnel of some sort like it already is in other parts of its journey. In theory from inside that "new" part of Galaxy's Edge you wouldn't see Splash Mountain. I'm not arguing for a reduction in the "immersion" of Batuu.

The Pooh show building itself is already basically isolated from the rest of the park and could easily be made to be reverse-entered so the queue begins from the Resistance forest, just past where you currently enter GE. Conservatively, they could simply do that and gut Pooh to make a similarly-sized dark ride. But if they go a bit bigger like I'm suggesting, they could use the entirety of the current Critter Country land (Splash Mountain aside) for a larger attraction, or several attractions, and different pathways.
Disney totally 'could' do this. I just don't think they would expend the resources to do this. Not anytime soon, anyway.

TDL

Disney totally 'could' do this. I just don't think they would expend the resources to do this. Not anytime soon, anyway.
I'm not talking about something in the super-near future anyway. I am talking 5+ years out. It's likely Splash opening with its PatF retheme is still 2-3 years at minimum to begin with. And none of this even potentially happens until that is done. What I am sure of is that Disney -is- going to expend resources to expand Galaxy's Edge at some point, beyond just an additional restaurant of some sort.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Let's be real, Disney didn't think this through beyond announcing the splash change as a virtue signaling move. Critter country is here to stay for the foreseeable future until they better wrap their heads around what they've done.

mickEblu

Let's be real, Disney didn't think this through beyond announcing the splash change as a virtue signaling move. Critter country is here to stay for the foreseeable future until they better wrap their heads around what they've done.

What do you think would happen if Disney put this to a vote. 80-20 in favor of keeping Splash?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
What do you think would happen if Disney put this to a vote. 80-20 in favor of keeping Splash?

I think the petition to save splash says it all man they have 65k signatures now compared to the 21k to change it.

The vocal whiners got all the media coverage though and Disney showed no backbone and caved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom