Is CoP currently open?

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
undefinedI wanted to ask any of you who visit the parks regularly if CoP is currently open? We are leaving for WDW Nov 8 and I wanted my wife to experience it I heard that it might be open until nov? I saw it when i was a kid, but we usually go in the fall after it has closed seasonally... can anyone shed some light?\
:wave:

General Grizz

Carousel of Progress has been open since the day Alien Encounter closed last October. It is not back on seasonal status yet, but Disney wants to close it when STITCH'S GREAT ESCAPE opens. We are not sure if this would be a permanent closure, and if Stitch opens before your visit, "Progress" may not be open. :(

We will fight for it. And I truly hope you get to experience it on your vacation!

Expo_Seeker40

Attention to anyone who will be able to see the Carousel of Progress from October to mid-November. MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO TAPE THE SHOW FOR YOUR PERSONAL MEMORIES!!!

DO NOT videotape with a bright or external light. Castmembers usually say not to videotape. They exit the theater anyways. Pick up your cam corder and film away. Mkae sure you sit in the back of the theater toward the middle. If you sit in the front, leave your camcorder on your lap and tilt it up toward the stage. You will be able to film the show from that angle. Hva respect for others in theater.

The moment of truth is coming for the Carousel of Progress. Anyone who will be seing the show by or just after halloween, make sure you videotape now if you haven't before! This attraction is in danger [as usual :cry: ]. Please refrain from flash photography. ONLY use flash photography after the ACT has ended. For example once Act I has ended and the theater begins to rotate, that is when you will want to take a flash pitcure of Father and the house of 1900, because the audience will be turning their heads to the right to see Act II and their attention on Act I will be lost. This example is set for all other acts.

Enjoy the ride, but be respectful of others. It's memories that count! :wave: Sure you can sit through the show without filming or taking pcitures, but you should also have a momento besides your memory of this show, escpecially that it is in danger of closing. :eek:

General Grizz

Expo_Seeker40 said:
Attention to anyone who will be able to see the Carousel of Progress from October to mid-November. MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO TAPE THE SHOW FOR YOUR PERSONAL MEMORIES!!!

DO NOT videotape with a bright or external light. Castmembers usually say not to videotape. They exit the theater anyways. Pick up your cam corder and film away. Mkae sure you sit in the back of the theater toward the middle. If you sit in the front, leave your camcorder on your lap and tilt it up toward the stage. You will be able to film the show from that angle. Hva respect for others in theater.

The moment of truth is coming for the Carousel of Progress. Anyone who will be seing the show by or just after halloween, make sure you videotape now if you haven't before! This attraction is in danger [as usual :cry: ]. Please refrain from flash photography. ONLY use flash photography after the ACT has ended. For example once Act I has ended and the theater begins to rotate, that is when you will want to take a flash pitcure of Father and the house of 1900, because the audience will be turning their heads to the right to see Act II and their attention on Act I will be lost. This example is set for all other acts.

Enjoy the ride, but be respectful of others. It's memories that count! :wave: Sure you can sit through the show without filming or taking pcitures, but you should also have a momento besides your memory of this show, escpecially that it is in danger of closing. :eek:
Memories count, but don't jump too far in conclusions, for lo! They would meet GREAT. resistance. ;)

Expo_Seeker40

Oh any if anyone sees a group of people with carousel t-shirts on, velcrowing themselves to the carousel theater wall. Don't mind them or the cops trying to get them off. They're just your average protestors. :lol: Sorry Grizz I couldn't resist.

THE DAY IS COMING WHEN DISNEY WILL HEAR FROM ALL OF US!

SAVE THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS :sohappy: :sohappy:

General Grizz

Expo_Seeker40 said:
Oh any if anyone sees a group of people with carousel t-shirts on, velcrowing themselves to the carousel theater wall. Don't mind them or the cops trying to get them off. They're just your average protestors. :lol: Sorry Grizz I couldn't resist.

THE DAY IS COMING WHEN DISNEY WILL HEAR FROM ALL OF US!

SAVE THE CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS :sohappy: :sohappy:
.. and when it becomes a reality,
It's a DREAM COME TRUE for you and me. :D

But enough celebrating for now -- we have a war to fight! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom