Is Celebrate the Magic a keeper?

RyanWi

Last November was my 100th day at disney. I was looking forward to this new show to wow me. It was a huuuuge disappointment. The projection effects aren't even close to the Magic the Memories and you's amazement and fall so short of Disney Paris's newest show. I didn't expect DRP's level, but for this show to be the replacement for the MMY show is such a step backwards.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Last November was my 100th day at disney. I was looking forward to this new show to wow me. It was a huuuuge disappointment. The projection effects aren't even close to the Magic the Memories and you's amazement and fall so short of Disney Paris's newest show. I didn't expect DRP's level, but for this show to be the replacement for the MMY show is such a step backwards.
MMY was temporary, but since the hardware is already theyre why not make some small shows thruout the night. Just like the Fountain of Nations. For the next 20 years it will probably be one of those small hit or miss shows that just hang arround.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Until they have something that looks like Disney Dreams in Paris I will find the WDW shows lacking. Even with out the fountains it would be a better show.

HouCuseChickie

I've been thinking about this of late b/c while I didn't LOVE it when I saw it, it definitely had components that I really enjoyed. I think part of me was bummed b/c there were 2 aspects in MMY that got me kind of misty 1) Walt's portion 2) the castle exhale. I just didn't get those misty moments with the new show; however, I think the new show gave me more WOW moments...i.e. i love when the castle becomes the Cheshire Cat.

The tricky thing here...they could always do better. I mean that more that no matter how great any one show is, there could always be improvements and enhancements. So, yes- it could be better...but most things - even really good or totally great things- could also be better.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
MM&Y was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. It's all video so I don't see technically why they couldn't run both shows each night.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Magic & Memories was a little better, but I like both. When they first announced the projection show I was really against the idea and thought it was dumb. I guess this was the ONE time I was wrong. :)

TTA94

Until they have something that looks like Disney Dreams in Paris I will find the WDW shows lacking. Even with out the fountains it would be a better show.

I think it is more When than If MK will get a show like Disney Dreams, especially with the recent Spectro issue, MSEP apparently falling apart, and Wishes has been around for a loong time.

Maybe MS will eventually get projections as well. I believe HKDL did some type of projection on MS last year for Halloween.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I think the ONLY improvements are the Wreck-It Ralph inclusion and the 360* dynamic. Other than that, it's missing the emotional impact (a cheap trick, yes, but one that works). Also, the castle, pure and simple, is NOT made to support a projection show. It's just too complex a building. Projection shows should be on flatter buildings. Add the fact that there's a LOT of light pollution (which can't really be avoided) and I come up with this theory: shows should NOT be based on projections. They can be an aspect, but they really don't work as a show's basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom