News Is Carousel of Progress getting a major refurb?

SoFloMagic

Yes. Maybe someone here knows why they reset. Safety issue I guess.
I was on it a couple weeks ago and they started yelling "sit down and stay seated" over the intercom before announcing that we'd rewatch our current scene. Theater didn't move during the song and then it just restarted.

jaxonp

COP is a moving museum of the 20th century. It's one the last remaining things Walt's hand touched. It needs some TLC but most people find it a bore and skip it.

wdwfan22

The show needs a new script as the current version feels way to rushed. My fear is like other Disney shows that get refurbished they will shorten the length of the show as Guests attention spans aren't what they use to be.

Bocabear

It just needs it's original ending back...Ending in 1964...

Ninja Mom

I can't think of another attraction in any park that has cloth seats the same way. Add people in shorts dripping in sunscreen and yeah, not the best. That's why I wear long Dad Cargo Shorts. :)
But, I do like the look of those older theater style seats. They should just recover the panels with new material scotch-guarded to the Nth degree. They look to be a common type in junior and high school auditoriums across the country and those are often re-upholstered.
I would imagine that's something they could get done pretty easily and cheaply with all the vendors out there that do that sort of work.
I think Mickey's Philharmagic has the same seats. They were filthy too but not as bad as COP.

The Pho

I uh think TWDC draws a line at re-animating its founder in mechanical form. At least until anyone that knew him in person is gone.
I see it as no different than re-animating presidents or others that have passed. Although can’t say I know his personal preference to such a thing. And there aren’t that many that really knew him much remaining.

jmp85

If they add or redo the future scene, will that necessitate they re-tape the audio for the earlier scenes? I know they are not the original voice actors, but it would be a bummer for me. Also, re-doing the future scene would remove grandpa, who was the original voice of John. One of my absolute favorite attractions. It's a must do for me and the family.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
If they add or redo the future scene, will that necessitate they re-tape the audio for the earlier scenes? I know they are not the original voice actors, but it would be a bummer for me. Also, re-doing the future scene would remove grandpa, who was the original voice of John. One of my absolute favorite attractions. It's a must do for me and the family.
unfortunately, the answer is 99.7% most likely yes, it would mean a re-tape. I too have a fond attraction to John's voice. The voice over artist wrote a book that is not widely known, which turned into a Major Cult-classic Christmas movie (which he also narrates and makes a cameo appearance) shown in 24-hour marathons on at least one (sometimes two) TV Cable networks each year.

I have always been very torn, it does need an update and the time from Halloween to Christmas (which in itself has problems because of small updates) is quite a jump but an update would mean the loss of Jean Shepherd.

HMF

I was on it a couple weeks ago and they started yelling "sit down and stay seated" over the intercom before announcing that we'd rewatch our current scene. Theater didn't move during the song and then it just restarted.
I think I was at that showing.

Thelazer

Was there today.. man that last scene is cringe worthy "laser discs" ugh...
Side note, first time I've ever seen the "ladder shake" when the paint spill sound EFX happend..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom