Is booking with Expedia a good idea?

aleyva

Looking for some advice... Has anyone ever booked a Disney Resort (not a package) with Expedia? If so, how did it all end up? Was it worth the savings? If I book with Expedia I save about $50 bucks a night... Seems like a good deal, right? :cautious:

aleyva

Original Poster
As of now I'm planning on staying at POFQ. Disney's site rate is @ $200 / night and Expedia's is @ $160 / night for December 16-18, 2013.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The problem with booking through Expedia or sites like it is if problems arise. Something happens and you need to change your dates you will have to go through Expedia. Disney will not be able to help you. If Disney offers a better discount you will not be able to use it because you booked through Expedia. Also as far as I know Expedia doesn't normally have better packages for Disney hotels then Disney does. You may be missing applying a discount to your room directly from Disney.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

You also have to factor in that those prices on Expedia do not include taxes and other fees! So it might seem cheaper on their site, but the difference isn't that much in the long run, and you can have added charges to your room once you arrive. This isn't just for Disney hotels but most in general on those sites...

Upvote 0

aleyva

Original Poster
The problem with booking through Expedia or sites like it is if problems arise. Something happens and you need to change your dates you will have to go through Expedia. Disney will not be able to help you. If Disney offers a better discount you will not be able to use it because you booked through Expedia. Also as far as I know Expedia doesn't normally have better packages for Disney hotels then Disney does. You may be missing applying a discount to your room directly from Disney.
I can look into that. I may call Disney directly and see if there is some kind of promo for my dates that I don't know of yet. :)
Thanks for the advice, btw!

Upvote 0

SMS55

Something to pass on. When you make a booking through a third party site such as Expedia, your room selection isn't guaranteed. It's merely a suggestion. This was explained to me on a recent trip. I booked a weekend with my wife. Our first weekend away from the kids since our now 2 year old daughter was born. I booked a king bed room with a garden view. Those rooms were sold out so they upgraded us to a two queen room with a bay view. Didn't mind the view but the front desk told me they can't guarantee your selection through third party sites. It's standard practice.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I would not book through expedia, priceline or any of the third party vendors. If any thing goes wrong you are on your own. If you have to cancel or change dates, chances are you are gonna have to pay for that room wether you use it or not.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom