Is a AAA membership worth it?

bigmike7801

My wife and I are headed to Disney World and Universal Studios from September 11 - 19.

The only thing I have purchased so far is our plane tickets.

I have read several articles suggesting that AAA members get discounts on anything from hotel rooms, theme park tickets, car rental etc... however nobody really tells you how much you're going to save with a AAA membership. So I can't tell if it's $5 or $50 savings.

There are a couple of different AAA plans that range from $56/year to $89 per year.

We plan on staying at the Disney's All Star Music Resort for a majority of the time as well as Disney's Port Orleans Riverside for a couple days.

Does it sound like it would be worth my while to get a AAA membership to try and save money durring our stay?

What other perks do AAA members get while vacationing at Disney World?

6laurac

Just got to fall in with saying that AAA is worth it. I use my AAA Discount every time to book hotels, get free maps and travel books and have had them tow one car for us. Also at some websites and places at Disney if you show your AAA card you get a discount as well.

PS-The AAA discount for Disney and SeaWorld tickets was better than I found online and you do get free diamond star parking for Disney at the basic level.

Upvote 0

draybook

My wife and I are headed to Disney World and Universal Studios from September 11 - 19.

The only thing I have purchased so far is our plane tickets.

I have read several articles suggesting that AAA members get discounts on anything from hotel rooms, theme park tickets, car rental etc... however nobody really tells you how much you're going to save with a AAA membership. So I can't tell if it's $5 or $50 savings.

There are a couple of different AAA plans that range from $56/year to $89 per year.

We plan on staying at the Disney's All Star Music Resort for a majority of the time as well as Disney's Port Orleans Riverside for a couple days.

Does it sound like it would be worth my while to get a AAA membership to try and save money durring our stay?

What other perks do AAA members get while vacationing at Disney World?

Indeed, I bought the $89 package last year. Well worth it! I needed two towings and a car lock opened. That right there was worth more than the fee. On top of that you get discounts everywhere, even at some of the diners/restaurants in Universal. I would highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have had CAA for years. I get 30% off eyeglasses at Lenscrafters and that discount entirely pays for my membership. For a while, both my vehicles had roadside assistance for free and I still maintained my CAA because of the glasses.

I think once in my years of going to WDW I got a CAA discount at Contemp that was better than anything else available at the time.

Upvote 0

MissAlmyra

I'm fortunate to have a very enthusiastic AAA Travel Rep! She's very passionate about Disney, is a big fan herself and keeps her eyes open for the best specials. I can see why the value of booking through AAA would have a lot to do with who your specific agent is. Besides, for road safety/security reasons, AAA is worth the price, I'd say.

Upvote 0
I have bought AAA and what a mess. After getting there I found out that they forgot to place the dining program on it and then it was too late and I did not get the free dining plan like we expected and didnt bring enough $ for all of us for the week. Also I got it I thought to get the deals.....there are not any that really work. When you think to use it....it doesnt apply to everything you buy. And the gifts...and deals... My travel agent gets me the same or better aand I do not have to pay for the AAA.

Upvote 0

PennyInPink

We booked our vacation many months ago, and are going the week after you. We were not able to book POR with the free dining plan because they were full back then. Hope you suceed.

Upvote 0

heathrt

I joined AAA in January since we were driving down to Disney last February and wanted the added security. For that trip I did not check into the discount because Disney upgraded us to Poly since the POR Royal rooms were not ready on time so I didn't need it. For our trip in December we are using the AAA discountsince we're arriving Dec 9th and miss out on the free dining by 1 day. The AAA saves us about $300, and we also get the perks (fireworks viewing, 10% discount, and princess storytelling). My agent is great, he keeps me updated and reminded me about booking the firework viewing and princess storytelling. I highly recommend AAA from my ecperience.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Just repeating this again, to get the AAA discount you do not need to book with AAA. Beyond the AAA discount (which any good travel agent can apply to your trip as well) the only benefits to booking through AAA would be the preferred fireworks and story time, and the "preferred parking". Feel out the agent and see if they know about WDW. If they do, and you really want those perks, feel free to book with them. But you don't need to just to get the AAA discount.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom