Irvine finds new Great Park location for bigger Wild Rivers water park - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Yards are a waste of space/resources in most cases. I enjoy having a vegetable garden and small grove for food purposes, but most people's front yards are just a flat piece of grass they don't do anything with.

But it does a great job for social distancing, a place for kids to play, trees to help clean the air, give places for birds and other wildlife to live in, driveways to park cars, etc.

NobodyElse

So it appears to have changed a bit. No longer 2 lazy rivers. Feels slightly more compact than the original drawings but could just be my tired eyes.

That was my initial observation as well. If I can find some original drawings, I'll see if I can do another overlay for comparison sake.

NobodyElse

Today's OC Register article says the new site is about 20 Acres. The original one was about 14 Acres.

Someone asked about potential expansion. Answer:

"yes. We have room for two or three in the original boundary and then an option for three more acres "

NobodyElse

Also...
This proposal appears to be at yet another new location. It's now near Great Park Blvd. & Skyhawk (which intersect at a roundabout). They said part of a runway will need to be demolished before they can get started.

So.
1595970154460.png

It will be nice when we get a drawing with a bit more detail about surrounding areas / streets. Until then, it's a guessing game.

While I am happy for all of the people who will be able to enjoy the future park, I hope that the water used for recreation is salt water.

(I know that the water park using sea water isn't likely to happen.)

California/U.S. water laws are complicated, but the water has to come from somewhere. In California, increased urban allocation usually means less water allocated to farmers.

I've heard a saying thrown around locally saying that our industry isn't agriculture, but poverty. With less water, there is sure to be more poverty.

It is likely that the enjoyment and business this park generates will come at the uncompensated expense to California's agricultural regions.

SoCalDisneyLover

They have 7 months until Memorial Day weekend.

I'll probably consider a pass since this is so nearby. Hopefully they have some sort of Inaugural Season offer. But it's hard to justify when I have a Knott's pass that gives me Parking & Soak City for around $100 when upgrading the Knott's pass to Platinum.

DLR92

Yards are a waste of space/resources in most cases. I enjoy having a vegetable garden and small grove for food purposes, but most people's front yards are just a flat piece of grass they don't do anything with.
From a millennial stand point, I don’t really want a big front yard. Personally don’t want a front yard of large lawn of grass. But a compact front yard with beautiful landscaping of shrubs and flowers of a Mediterranean garden.
But a BIG backyard would be so desirable. Lol

SoCalDisneyLover

I'd really like to do this, but it appears the $160 doesn't even include parking, so once you add that, it's probably going to be at least $250 total. That's just too much for a water park, even if they are going to limit capacity. For $50 less, I'm able to get Knott's, Soak City and parking, plus I can get free meals and drinks with my meal & drink plans.

I'm sure they'll sell out anyways.

socalifornian

Lonely Tomcat Racers. Expected a little more to be done

Attachments

• 4A0659B7-6D72-48D3-BE6F-34BD239D6A64.jpeg
    4A0659B7-6D72-48D3-BE6F-34BD239D6A64.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 109
  • AE189B26-EFEF-46E5-B6C8-C3DA547AF4F4.jpeg
    AE189B26-EFEF-46E5-B6C8-C3DA547AF4F4.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom