IPs for DHS?

doctornick

Anything goes at DHS. You name it, it fits.

The irony is that DHS, more than any other park, really is a place to just "dump" IPs since it's basically a park themed to the entertainment industry. In other parks, you can make a good case for independent IP-free attractions and areas (which Disney has moved away from). you can make them work at DHS as well, but I think most people don't have a problem with a direction for that park that lets one "live the movies".

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Any IPs that involve distinct locations suitable for recreating as a land with multiple attractions, streetmosphere, dining, and retail.
I think just the opposite actually. Given the choice, I'd rather see IP that fits within an existing land rather than getting its own land. Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, etc. all fit nicely within Fantasyland, which I much prefer over a "Beauty and the Beast Land."

jhendrix

Universal's Islands of Adventure seemed to start the whole IP Land idea. Then it got amplified with Harry Potter and the two lands at US and IOA. Disney saw that it worked and now it seems DHS is becoming the "Islands of Adventure" of Disney. Any adventure-theme goes (and Toy Story...)

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I think just the opposite actually. Given the choice, I'd rather see IP that fits within an existing land rather than getting its own land. Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, etc. all fit nicely within Fantasyland, which I much prefer over a "Beauty and the Beast Land."
Yes, and that is the difference between whether an IP would go into the Magic Kingdom or Disney's Hollywood Studios-slash-The Park to be Renamed Later.

Magic Kingdom has constantly been referred to unofficially as "where Disney characters and stories live." DHS will be "where you enter worlds that can only exist in the movies."

It's sympathy vs empathy. You never stop being the audience (or "you" experiencing something as yourself) in Splash Mountain or other MK attractions, but you get to be a character in these movies interacting with other characters in their own settings at Hollywood Studios whether you are playing games with the toys in TSMM, or being able to pilot the Millenium Falcon.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Universal's Islands of Adventure seemed to start the whole IP Land idea. Then it got amplified with Harry Potter and the two lands at US and IOA. Disney saw that it worked and now it seems DHS is becoming the "Islands of Adventure" of Disney. Any adventure-theme goes (and Toy Story...)

Don't forget Cars Land which was being developed in parallel with Wizarding World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom