iPhone wait time app

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The official My Disney Experience app gives the wait times direct from the park wait clocks. So it would seem that is about as good as you can get. Other solutions are crowd sourced and require users to submit wait times. They are obviously dependent on how fresh that user submitted data is. In most cases, not very good.

CP_alum08

The Touring Plans app "lines" is pretty good. It's a free app, but to get everything within the app you need to have a touring plan membership. We've used it on several trips is it's usually pretty accurate. The offial Disney one has been too slow for me in the past but I haven't used it recently.

Jakester

Like Steve said, My Disney Experience is your best bet. I use it all the time and only once did it not come accurate (it said Space Mountain had FP but the machines were done for the day)

bebert

Original Poster
I did not realize the My Disney Experience had feature. Thanks for the info, I will be putting it to use during Thanksgiving week. Hoping to avoid the dreaded deadlock.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I did not realize the My Disney Experience had feature. Thanks for the info, I will be putting it to use during Thanksgiving week. Hoping to avoid the dreaded deadlock.
Yep you can also use it outside of the parks, so you can try it now.

luv

I have to disagree with Disney's app being the best.

The Lines app will give you Disney's posted times, which are often inaccurate (and sometimes deliberately so) AND it will give you their estimate of what the line will be, which is much closer to the real time you'll wait. You get FP return times, too.

You can also see what people standing in line right now are posting for their wait time. Like the Disney app, you can check it at home, too.

You get everything the Disney one gives you and more.

It's the best and it alone is worth the subscription cost of touringplans.com!!

Last edited:

bebert

Original Poster
I checked it out last night, I like the FP time feature as well.
Thanks for the advice.

Mousey21

I used it on 2 days, the only days I took my phone for meeting people. it was pretty accurate and we even saw the times on the app be different from those on the ride and the app being correct (my disney experience) if I felt the need to take my phone with us it would of been used more often for ride times, and also for character spots, we got lost a few times haha.

G8rchamps

I recently switched from a non disney app because it was not getting enough updates and was innaccurate. MDE is slow, but it is usually reliable.

luv

Lines kicking some Disney butt today!!

The posted wait times are often inaccurate and the Lines times are very close. If you remember the song "Lies" by the Thompson Twins (which I will bet @lentesta does, lol), sing it with me. "Lines, Lines, Lines, yeah!"

For those who don't remember, the Thompson Twins were actually a trio of unrelated peeps, best known (I think) for their "Hold Me Now" song, which was totally cool in the 80s but hasn't held up as well as "My Sharona" or "Major Tom" (IMO). They toured with Cyndi Lauper once (and Eddie Money - all three for one ticket, which was a good deal.)

inDiG3nCe

MDE is the best app for wait times. You can't do much better than the park posted wait times. 2 weeks ago the times were pretty accurate, not more than 10 minutes off. Save for one time, Ariel's M&G said 20 minutes but the actual wait was 45 minutes. I think they weren't handing out the queue wait time interval cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom