Iphone in the parks

Hi all! Looking to get an Iphone soon and was wondering how they work in the park? Can you pick up a wireless connection or do you have to pay for it? Also I'll have a Canadian phone, does that put a wrinkle in anything?
Thanks for the help!

bhg469

Droid is going to strangle itself with so many different versions of its phones... and different features depending on the model. How can it make $$ if development and fabrication costs have to go into each and every model of phone they design??

Anyway... Yes... 3G coverage for the iPhone is great across all of the resort.

There really arent that many versions of the OS floating around. And now that they are out selling iphones there will be even less fragmentation.

Thats part of the beauty of the os it can be loaded on multiple devices, if you want one with a keyboard there is one, if you want a huge screen there is one. Its a semi-open platform. There are different versions of the OS on different phones but some phones cant handle all the features just like the origional iphone will not supprt os4.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
thanks for all the info...is it jailbreakme.com?
I'd recommend http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/ for information on jail-breaking, they'll steer you to trustworthy tools.

I've personally never done it. If you're going to jailbreak, there are lots of apps that are non-Apple approved out there, but you'll need to do a lot of tweaking to maintain them through the various O/S upgrades Apple puts out. I've never seen the point of voiding my warranty just so I can work really hard to keep whatever apps I have that Apple doesn't like. :shrug:

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Love love love my iphone. I had started a thread on the iphone prior to buying it. I have yet to see my phone enter roaming mode (what does it say on it to know you are roaming?). I'm hoping for good coverage when we are down there even though we are going a relatively busy time but not busiest time (june 8th-13th). Love the wdwmagic app!!!

Upvote 0

canada1414

Original Poster
Have a good trip! Hopefully I can get lucky and pick some wi-fi feeds up while I'm down there. anyone know of good apps for the parks while we're there? There were a couple from Upinpoint.com where they have maps of the parks but they said the wait times were slow to come up and not very accurate.
Thanks

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Have a good trip! Hopefully I can get lucky and pick some wi-fi feeds up while I'm down there. anyone know of good apps for the parks while we're there? There were a couple from Upinpoint.com where they have maps of the parks but they said the wait times were slow to come up and not very accurate.
Thanks

Honestly, plan to use data. There are virtually no free WiFi spots in WDW. The paid ones are more expensive than data plans from Canadian carriers.

Try the Undercover Tourist App it has wait times that seem fairly accurate from what I've read. It's $1.99 from the app store.

Upvote 0

BenS

Be really careful about using your iPhone's web connection outside your home country. Cell carriers like to charge *enormous* fees for international data roaming.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Be really careful about using your iPhone's web connection outside your home country. Cell carriers like to charge *enormous* fees for international data roaming.
That's why I mentioned Canadian carriers' data plans. Without one they charge $8/MB! With one, it is reduced a fair bit, but still not cheap. Generally cheaper than the Disney $9.95/day though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom