iPhone Apps for WDW; wait times and maps

todpatcam

We'll be at WDW from 9/30 to 10/6 staying at CBR.

I'm looking for the best iPhone apps for wait times and maps. Any other advice you would like to throw our way would be appreciated as well. Thank you :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Undercover Tourist's app has virtually all you'd need. I have the Dining app and upinpoint.com maps. Disney has a wait time app that gives green yellow and red indicators for waits so it's kinda general.

There are some good info apps from notescast.

WDWMagic has a "What to Ride" app that's kinda fun.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I have to vote for "Lines". If you have the Unofficial Guide, you get a discount on the cost of it, but even at full price its a great app.

ETA: I like the wdwmagic app too! I play on it at work. Let it pick a ride for me and my mind wanders for a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Undercover Tourist's and Lines are the two I used on my last two trips to WDW. I used lines the most on my trip two weeks ago. Lines will also give you fastpass info.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

I have to vote for "Lines". If you have the Unofficial Guide, you get a discount on the cost of it, but even at full price its a great app.

ETA: I like the wdwmagic app too! I play on it at work. Let it pick a ride for me and my mind wanders for a few minutes.

I like this one.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Need more Android love. It's all the fun of owning a smart phone without the lame restrictions of a locked down device.

Or stick with the iPhone with access to all the good apps and not sweat the "locked down" that has absolutely no impact on 99% of users. :shrug:

Upvote 0

bhg469

Or stick with the iPhone with access to all the good apps and not sweat the "locked down" that has absolutely no impact on 99% of users. :shrug:

good apps... aside from the excessive number of fart apps I think android has its fair share of good applications most useful ones are ported over because the developers aren't stupid.. As of july I think it was 70,000.

This is also coming from a former very happy iphone user. I was jailbroken you know why I jail broke? TO BE ABLE TO SEND A FREAKING MMS! Aside from that I was mostly satisfied with the phone. It was the best thing out there hands down... Until this year... I had a taste of ios4 and I was amazed at the ability to add a wallpaper, some thing my phone 10 years ago could do. and don't even get me started on "multitasking" Simply too little progress in areas that actually matter. Attaching buzzwords like retina display to attract people when there are already a handful of displays that are superior.

Aside from that windows mobile 7 is going to be great, bb OS6 while not my cup of tea is really well rounded never used symbian but people love it. Settling on one platform is a huge mistake especially when people start to educate themselves and go out and explore better platforms.

And just so you know I am not anti apple or iphone I just know that it is no longer the dominating platform that it was. People cannot expect it to be the only mobile solution.

Back on topic

A mobile friendly web page would be more than adequate for a wait time tool. The second you shut out one platform in favor of another you are setting yourself up for failure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom