IoA.. Harry Potter.. HELP

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I have been reading different sites about the insane crowds for Harry Potter. I am outright scared and nervous. Unlike WDW, I do not know Universal Studios blueprint (like the back of my hand).

I am going to Islands of Adventure, August 7, 2011 (Sunday). I will have 2 teenage boys with me and I know they want to see every bit of the attraction of Harry Potter.

Like Disney, I plan to be at the gate of Islands an hour before opening time.

But from there, what should my plan of action be? I have read Universal has a reservation system like fastpass (but not sure)? Should I see Harry first then everything else or do everything else first and Harry last.

Someone please help me.. I know nothing about Universal Studios less long Islands of Adventure.

laurasmith

Don't Worry

I went the same time of year as you last year (just when the Harry Potter area had opened also). It was busy but no where near what had been described. There were crowds in it but they were all quiet and placid and just looking round the shops etc. What I did was go to Universal first and do that park, and then I went over to Islands of Adventure about 4 or 5pm and did Harry Potter before dinner.
A good thing to know is that if you don't want to do the big main ride inside Hogwarts, you can just bypass the queue, and tell the Universal staff at the door of Hogwarts that you just want to do the tour, and they will let you walk around in a separate path alongside the main queue so you can see how they have decorated the inside etc. Well worth a look!

Go to www.orlandoinformer.com

This site has got all the details and tips you would ever need to get the most out of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Dan, who runs the site, has gave us priceless information and will always be happy to help should you require a question to be answered.

However, if you dont want any spoilers, dont watch the 15 minute video.

lilclerk

Also, Harry Potter isn't using Universal's Express Pass (their paid version of fastpass) yet, so everyone waits in the same line. *edit - after reading orlandoinformer.com I'm wrong! Thanks for sharing that site!
Yes, it's crowded, and yes the line is long. But there's so much to look at in the queue that, as a huge HP nerd, the wait wasn't bad at all. If you don't want to wait long, get there really early or go in the late afternoon after most people have moved on to other parts of the park.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Go to www.orlandoinformer.com

This site has got all the details and tips you would ever need to get the most out of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Dan, who runs the site, has gave us priceless information and will always be happy to help should you require a question to be answered.

However, if you dont want any spoilers, dont watch the 15 minute video.

THIS.

EVERYTHING you need to know!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Forgot to mention...

YES Dan is great! Send him a note. He promptly responds and you'll get the possible advice.

OrlandoInformer

Hi guys. Thanks for the super positive comments about my site. I really appreciate it!

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you sent me an email over the last week or so you probably haven't received my full response yet. I do apologize for the delay. I have been working 12+ hours a day trying to get OI PRO up and running. I will answer any email I've already received in the very near future.

Thank you for your patience and support. I really appreciate it!

AswaySuller

Hi, I have just got back from my trip the first in which I have experienced HP.

I would say ride it really really early... or later on in the day/evening. I waited 40 mins max for it and 15 mins was the least we waited.

The only part of it that wasn't enjoyable was the locker situation.
The lockers do not have enough space. It gets ridiculously crowded and something seriously needs to be done about this.
The whole of Hogsmead was ridiculously crowded all day every day even when the ride itself wasn't so therefore we didn't really do the stores just the ride and "dragons challenge" and got out of there.

I don't know how they can get a better flow of people through there and the lockers but I really hope they're looking into it.

MightyGitis

Hi, I have just got back from my trip the first in which I have experienced HP.

I would say ride it really really early... or later on in the day/evening. I waited 40 mins max for it and 15 mins was the least we waited.

The only part of it that wasn't enjoyable was the locker situation.
The lockers do not have enough space. It gets ridiculously crowded and something seriously needs to be done about this.
The whole of Hogsmead was ridiculously crowded all day every day even when the ride itself wasn't so therefore we didn't really do the stores just the ride and "dragons challenge" and got out of there.

I don't know how they can get a better flow of people through there and the lockers but I really hope they're looking into it.

The locker congestion was murder. I loath Universal and their bleeding lockers. I do have one tip though, if the line is outside the castle, enter through the store, then cut through the locker room to get in the line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom