IoA Fireworks?

woofboy111

They do the Fireworks at IoA very rarely. The last time I was there when they were doing them was on the last day of Mardi Gras, and I saw them right before the parade started from Universal. I think they should have them nightly, just like DIsney does because it would be another show, but then again, their fireworks are terrible anyway.

The show seemed to be a rip off of Illuminations 2000, and sort of told the story of how the world was created. The fireworks in the show were nothing good or unusual, and the use of lasers was very slim. Next door at Universal has a slightly better show, but it's still not great.

I think they should change the IoA fireworks to tell the story about how IoA was created, since so few people know the backstory of the park.

Dizneydude87

Whoa... it's been a while since I have made a post. I miss you guys! Lol.

I heard that Universal doesn't have as good as fireworks becuase it's in a more residential area or location. I don't know if that's true... just what I have heard. :)

SkipperTina

USF/IOA do have some restrictions because it is in a residential area (talk about poor planning on someone's part!). That is why the coasters at IOA don't run past 10pm (except for extreme peak nights). Similar story for the fireworks. Basically the parks have to pay a fee/fine each time they run fireworks/late coasters.

Also, there is not a lot of fallout space for the fireworks. I remember one New Year's Eve a few years ago they had to shut down all of Jurassic Park, because the whole island was a fallout zone for the extended fireworks.

If my memory serves correctly...the theme of the fireworks is supposed to be based on "story behind IOA" (which is quite cheesy, and it's easy to see how some people would think they were talking about the "creation of the world" instead).

And for fireworks, usually you will only see them the week between Christmas and New Years, the week of July 4th, and a maybe a few Spring break dates.

Security

I saw advertisements for the fireworks but never had any interest in seeing them. In my opinion once you see one parks you've seen them all, its all the same.:brick: (<still my fav :lol: ) But I kinda wish I had since I am such a huge fan of IOA and USO in general.

AliciaLuvzDizne

I'll tell ya
We found the most perfect spot by the water for the fireworks
we sat and waited for 20 minutes for them to start
they lasted 5 minutes
it was pretty bad

i wont even wait around for them again

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom