IOA Fireworks

ChrisTUK

Original Poster
Anybody know if IOA still ahve fireworks every night? I am visiting Orlando for the first 2 weeks of April but I can't seem to find any info on fireworks at the park. :confused:

pheneix

They run fireworks whenever the park is open till 10pm and during peak times like Summer and Spring Break. You have a pretty good shot at seeing Island Blast if they follow through with the routine they had last year at Spring Break.

mandib

I've only seen them when I was there for Easter but last time I was there in November there were no fireworks!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Are they worth staying for (ie are they as good as Illuminations / Fantasy ?) or would you return to WDW for one of the previously mentioned Disney performances.

ChrisTUK

Original Poster
I last seen them august 2000. The were good and the effects were impressive but didn't have the theming or the 'magic' of fantasmic or illuminations. However I would recommend them as it is still a very good show. :animwink:

Brooke

ive seen the fireworks once, they were pretty good but i don't think i would watch them again...but then again im not really a fireworks fan.

Justin St

I have heard from a couple of employees that the universal creative is looking to create a nighttime spectacular for ioa that will perform nightly when opened. I've heard that this is going to be the most spectacular show ever. I've also heard that they are also looking to put a firework display in citywalk to bring in more customers.

Michael72688

Originally posted by Justin St
I have heard from a couple of employees that the universal creative is looking to create a nighttime spectacular for ioa that will perform nightly when opened. I've heard that this is going to be the most spectacular show ever. I've also heard that they are also looking to put a firework display in citywalk to bring in more customers.

Bring more people to Citywalk? That is crazy I was there a couple of weeks ago and there were so many people you couldn't even walk around

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The Universal firework shows are not in my opinion worth specifically going to see like the Disney night shows are. If you happen to be there at the time when they are on, fine, but I wouldnt make special plans to see them.

However, I would suggest making special plans to see Relfections of Earth at Epcot, or Fantasmic at Disney/MGM Studioes. Those shows are worth the admission price alone, and I guarantee you wont be dissapointed! :)

NakedMickey

The fireworks I saw on the fourth of July last year at Universal were awesome, specifically because they have that parking garage where you can watch them from. It's spectacular, especially when they had fireworks from IOA, Universal and Citywalk all going at once. Definitley a sight to be seen!

coasterfan256

The only really interesting thing that i thought island blast had was how close the fireworks are to you. When i saw there were some fireworks that were literally exploding over our head. There was even ash raining down on us. It was a pretty interesting expierience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom