Introverts on a Cruise?

note2001

Any more recent cruising experiences introverted folk? How about cruising alone?

I've been looking into this as some recent videos had me wanting to try a Disney Cruise. I am very, very introverted/shy. While I can fake good conversation, and for the time I really do get into it by having a million questions for the folk I talk to, I am told I come across as a snob all the time. In reality I'm in awe by people and I only want the best for everyone... I just get exhausted by being on the alert all the time. I'd much rather sit in the spa under a sunlamp with a book. :)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I wouldn't call myself so much an introvert, but maybe a bit guarded and reserved.
On our first DCL trip, we had a bad experience with our table companions, they were very rude with the waiters, extremely demanding and every night, they took ownership of the bread basket! Then, they started to ask us very personal questions! As you can imagine, it was uncomfortable.

Fortunately, on the last cruise we took, we had a very pleasant experience overall, including at dinner time!

Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy some small talk, but prefer to relax and not feel the pressure of having to socialize at all times.

Anyway, the idea of a solo DCL cruise is very appealing to me 😊

jloucks

A giga-cruise is not really a great place for an introvert. Hmmm, let me rephrase... it is not an ideal place for an introvert. Those giga-cruise ships are wall to wall packed with people. You are going to be around people anywhere you go outside of your cabin. Your battery is going to be in a near constant state of drain!

You would need to goto the buffet and avoid the super awkward-for-introverts formal dining. I too have had a nightmare experience table sharing (exposed to racism shenanigans). ...but then you are missing amazing meals!

I really don't see anyway an introvert is going to enjoy being jammed on a ship with 3000+ people.

More ideal would be other types of vacations. It is cliche but a cabin the woods in our new Air BnB era is so easy!! We have done several of those the last few years and it was so wonderful. Part of the reason I have not been back to WDW in a while. ...with no plans to.

Jonathan Dalecki

My wife and I are both introverts, and Disney cruises have been wonderful for us. As others have said, you can request a table for just the two of you, which we have always had honored at the second seating (not to say it wouldn't be honored at the first, but we're second seating people). Deck 4 always has lots of cozy quiet chairs to read and relax. The stone loungers in Senses are a great place for an introvert to zone out. The adult only pool area is quiet and peaceful even when there's other people around. Even the lounges at night tend to have spots where you can quietly converse and people watch. So even on a crowded ship we've found that there are plenty of places for peace and quiet.

Introverted as we are, we DID one time find ourselves in the big chairs of Match Your Mate, where we ended up becoming...ahem...infamous for the remaining 6 nights of our 7 night cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom