Interview Questions

attisb

Original Poster
What kind of questions do they ask during the interview. Give example questions is you can remember them. Thanks.:)

DisneyJill

Originally posted by attisb
What kind of questions do they ask during the interview. Give example questions is you can remember them. Thanks.:)

They asked me 4 questions
*Why do you want to work at Walt Disney World?
*Can you think of a time when you've had to put your personal needs aside for someone else?
*What is a problem you've had in the past with a manager at work and how did you fix it?
*You're working on Main Street USA at a pin station and Space Mountain shuts down. A little boy comes to you, distraught, because that's all he wanted to do. What do you do? (yeah. That's what I assumed they would tell me when I got there!!!)
They also asked the other guy that I interviewed with stuff about guest service situations, why this was the right time for him to go to WDW, etc...
None of the questions are impossible, but some are thought provoking. They're looking for honesty, but also creativity. And, no matter what the answer, look them in the eyes and SMILE!!! They will smile back and it does seem encouraging. Good luck!!! :D

attisb

Original Poster
Re: Re: Interview Questions

Originally posted by DisneyJill
They asked me 4 questions
*Can you think of a time when you've had to put your personal needs aside for someone else?
*What is a problem you've had in the past with a manager at work and how did you fix it?
*You're working on Main Street USA at a pin station and Space Mountain shuts down. A little boy comes to you, distraught, because that's all he wanted to do. What do you do? (yeah. That's what I assumed they would tell me when I got there!!!)
They also asked the other guy that I interviewed with stuff about guest service situations, why this was the right time for him to go to WDW, etc...
None of the questions are impossible, but some are thought provoking. They're looking for honesty, but also creativity. And, no matter what the answer, look them in the eyes and SMILE!!! They will smile back and it does seem encouraging. Good luck!!! :D

How did you answer them. Problem is that I always get nurvous during any type of interview, me interview someone - someone interviews me. When this happens I start forgetting things and answer that I give are not that good. So to hear how you answer them will help me.

The question that I really like to hear how you answered is 'Why do you want to work for WDW' and I kind of want to hear how you answered the Space Mountain one.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
In your answers put yourself second and the other person first. Make disney seem 10 times more magical to you than it already is.

ex-

1-I've always enjoyed the way things are run at WDW, the way the CM's treat everyone so well and the magical experiences there, and I feel that I would like a chance to make the magic

2-Tell them about how someone lost something and you spent a day finding it, and even though you didn't find it, you still helped the person replace it for free

3-I've never had a problem with a manager at work.. I'm very easy to get along with and bend over backwards to make my bosses happy.

4-Offer the child front of the line access at another attraction, but if they're desperate to go on Space Mountain, use your house phone to call a manager who will then make some sort of arrangement for front of the line at Space Mountain the second it opens. That, or give them a certificate of sorts saying that when they return they will be front of the line on it.

attisb

Original Poster
Anyone else know of other questions that are asked.

Another Question:
There are four programs how long does each one last
Fall
Fall Advantage
Spring
Spring Advantage

DisneyJill

Not sure the exact months for Fall/Fall Advantage but Spring is Jan-May and Spring Advantage is January/August. It's not a full 8 months, however. I'll be starting Jan 19 and ending Aug 13. Anyways, when they asked me why I wanted to work for Disney, I said something like "How long do you have? I've wanted to work for Disney since I was 14. I'm amazed everytime I'm there how efficiently everything is run. There are a million different people doing a million different things at any given time, and when you think about all the buses and boats and monorails that are getting all those people to where they are going, it's just amazing to me. I've also always gone with my family, so I associate Walt Disney World with having a great time with my family and I would love to be there to help and watch others do the same." When they asked the Space Mountain Q, I was sort of at a loss for a second. Then I said "Well, I know that when a child isn't tall enough to go on an attraction, the cast members have cards that they can give them that entitle them to come back and go to the front of the line when they are tall enough. I've been on Test Track before when it's shut down and they gave us passes to come back. Assuming I had some type of card like that in my pin cart, I would give the little boy one of those. I would then say something like 'Have you been on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin yet? It's so much fun!' or 'You should really go on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and maybe by the time you're done and you've headed back over to Tomorrowland, SM will be up and running again!' and I would of course, apologize." The recruiter was REALLY nodding and smiling and writing lots when I gave that answer. My friend Brandon that has done the program said that suggesting another ride is the best answer I could have given, because that's what they teach you in Traditions. Sooo...let me know if you have other questions!!

attisb

Original Poster
I am doing this sort of research on what to expect as I will be applying in January/February time period for the Fall term. I would have liked to have done the Spring but all the presentations in my area were during my classes and my classes are too hard to miss even one sadly. So I have to wait.

I do remember one question that was asked to one of my friends who applied. The question was 'How do you feel about living with other people?' or something that sounds very similar. If I were to answer that question then I would have to answer with it would not be a problem as I currently live with roommates. So the only thing that I would have to get use to would be the new people, but because they are all there for the same reason then it shouldn't be to hard. How is that for an answer?

DisneyJill

I am doing this sort of research on what to expect as I will be applying in January/February time period for the Fall term. I would have liked to have done the Spring but all the presentations in my area were during my classes and my classes are too hard to miss even one sadly. So I have to wait.

I do remember one question that was asked to one of my friends who applied. The question was 'How do you feel about living with other people?' or something that sounds very similar. If I were to answer that question then I would have to answer with it would not be a problem as I currently live with roommates. So the only thing that I would have to get use to would be the new people, but because they are all there for the same reason then it shouldn't be to hard. How is that for an answer?

Come to think of it, they may have asked me that too. :lookaroun I was so relieved when it was over, my mom asked me what they had asked and I had drawn a total blank!! Anyhoo...That sounds like a good answer to me. When they asked me, I said that since I had had roommates for the last 4 years, it wouldn't be a problem and that there are always compromises to be made and conflicts to work out and you just have to be willing to give a little and take a little and above all be flexible.

Larilyn

I am doing this sort of research on what to expect as I will be applying in January/February time period for the Fall term.

That's what I'm doing too! I thought I was the only one planning ahead this far! :cool: Do you know yet what areas you'll request during the interview?

attisb

Original Poster
I'll be asking for Operations (Rides) and Transportation (Trams, Buses, Monrail, etc.) However it is better to choose basically everything they offer as this will make your chances of getting in better.

Here is a list of all the categories:
  • Custodial
  • Entertainment (Character Performor & Greeter)
  • Full Service Food & Beverage
  • Guest Service
  • Hopper (EX. Do every job they offer for one week each)
  • Hospitality
  • Merchandise
  • Operations
  • Transportation
  • Recreation
  • Vacation Planner

Larilyn

Oh, I know....believe me, I've researched all this probably as much as you have. :) One thing I've heard is that they ask you if you'd be willing to work anywhere, and the thing to do is say yes, but you still have your preferences.

I'm going to request probably Hospitality (I would LOVE to work at a resort's front desk), vacation planner, or merchandise. I really wanted to request guest services, but you have to have your own transportation for that. :hammer:

attisb

Original Poster
They ask that but they ask you to do Food & Beverage as that is the job that is available the most. Just visit Disney and you will food everywhere. They do ask you what are your two or three choices out of the list.

Larilyn

My friend who just interviewed said that they didn't mention anything about F&B....just asked if you would be willing to work anywhere.

And I actually have been tempted to fill out the application, cause I wanna know what information they want....but I've been a good girl. :goodnevil Can January come any quicker? :animwink:

TURKEY

Originally posted by Larilyn
My friend who just interviewed said that they didn't mention anything about F&B....just asked if you would be willing to work anywhere.

And I actually have been tempted to fill out the application, cause I wanna know what information they want....but I've been a good girl. :goodnevil Can January come any quicker? :animwink:

I worked in Quick Service Food & Beverage. That was my first choice (although I realize I should have chosen something else) because I wanted to do it so bad and that's what I had experience in.

They asked others interviewing with me would you be willing to work in any role including F&B....going on to explain that F&B has the greatest amount of roles for the CP.

TURKEY

I'll be asking for Operations (Rides) and Transportation (Trams, Buses, Monrail, etc.) However it is better to choose basically everything they offer as this will make your chances of getting in better.

Here is a list of all the categories:
  • Custodial
  • Entertainment (Character Performor & Greeter)
  • Full Service Food & Beverage
  • Guest Service
  • Hopper (EX. Do every job they offer for one week each)
  • Hospitality
  • Merchandise
  • Operations
  • Transportation
  • Recreation
  • Vacation Planner

Just remember, Operations includes front of parks (ticket takers) and parking (directing).

Transportation includes what you say, but buses are difficult to learn. I don't know of any CPs ever getting to be in buses. Monorails you spend a great deal of time on the platforms and not necessairily driving (same for boats).

For hoppers, you may be working in multiple locations in different roles in the same day.

attisb

Original Poster
Just remember, Operations includes front of parks (ticket takers) and parking (directing).

I know it was just the one I could of think at the moment.

I do have question. On the application it says to list your prior work expierence. Well I worked at Six Flags for one month. I was laid off due to them hiring too many people. So last hired first fired. My question is should I list this or not?

TURKEY

I know it was just the one I could of think at the moment.

I do have question. On the application it says to list your prior work expierence. Well I worked at Six Flags for one month. I was laid off due to them hiring too many people. So last hired first fired. My question is should I list this or not?

My above post wasn't directed directly at you. Just wanted everyone to remember that being in Ops or Transportation doesn't mean you will be working an attraction or driving the monorail. I know people that have had Ops and gotten upset when they get there they have been assigned to parking.

I would recommend listing Six Flags even though it was only one month. Not only was it work experience, but in a hospitality/theme park. I would recommend taking a resume with you even though it isn't required. Be sure and tell you recruiter why you only worked there for only 1 month (it wasn't your fault, SF overstaffed).

attisb

Original Poster
From when to when:

Fall.......................
Fall Advantage.............
Spring.....................Jan-May
Spring Advantage...........Jan-Aug

TURKEY

From when to when:

Fall.......................
Fall Advantage.............
Spring.....................Jan-May
Spring Advantage...........Jan-Aug

Fall is Aug - Dec/Jan.
Fall Advantage is May - Dec/Jan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom