Internet connection in residences?If not, where?

Welsh Tink

Original Poster
Hi,

We live in the UK , and our daughter is due to work over in WDW this summer, and I would like to know the best way she can contact us while she is there.

Does anyone know if there is internet connection available in the residences? If not, where in the Disney world would she be able to log on. She doesn't drive, so will have to rely on the transportation system.

She worked in Disneyland Paris last summer/winter, and on occasions used her phone. Big mistake! And as she is due to be in the on a longer contract, I was wondering the best way for her to keep in touch.

She has a laptop - is it worth her taking that over to email us? Or would it be too much bother to take?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm not certain about the internet situation, but I'm certain there is something there... whether wired or wireless. And definitely bring the laptop.

I'd also suggest a prepaid mobile. You can get them in the US fairly easily. Virgin Mobile USA (completely different to Virgin Mobile UK) will sell you a phone for $50, and an additional $25/month for their basic plan (300 minutes within the US, unlimited data), and 20 cents/minute to the UK.

But if there is internet... Skype is the best bet.

heliumalias

There is wired internet that is included in the rent.
A lot of people buy a wireless hub from walmart and share the cost between roommates.
Most ICPs also buy a cheap payg phone from walmart or wherever so that they can call their friends within the states.
For contacting home, most people seem to use e-mail, skype, chat, facebook, etc.
I recommend visiting www.wdwip.com because that has info specifically about the international programs and loads of questions are answered on the forum there.
Also yes take the laptop, I'll be there this summer and I'll certainly be taking mine. There are computer labs but most people found it much more convenient to use their own laptops.

Welsh Tink

Original Poster
Many thanks for your replies.

Passed the info onto her last night, and she said that she had already thought of getting a mobile when she arrives.

She is really looking forward to her time over there.Still working on her to let us come over for a visit!

elisatonks

I bought a net 10 phone at walmart, it seemed to have the best paygo rate to the UK.

When I did my ICP i didn't drive and used the buses, and they where okay, but no where near as good as the service i was used to in Preston and Manchester. Chances are also that fellow CP's in her location will have a car and live in the same complex or nearby, so she won't need to use the bus most of the time, and many regular CM's will give rides home if they finish at the same time as CP's and it on there way home. They also provide a bus to publix and walmart, and taxi fares are not bad to either.

Feel free to PM me if she has anymore questions, as i been through the whole experience and now live out here full time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom