International Summer Program?

IfWeCanDreamIt

Original Poster
I am a 19 year old Canadian male, looking to participate in the summer program offered to international students. I was wondering if anyone here has done this before. If so, is there any important information or tips that might be helpful to me? I have heard about and considered doing this for a while, but I just decided today that I am willing to take the plunge next summer. It'll be my first summer after my first year in university, and I thought that it would be the perfect time to do something like this. Thanks in advance for any tips/advice !

heliumalias

I've just finished my ICP and loved every second of it. I highly recommend it. However I would offer the following tips:

When you're asked which roles you're willing to do seriously consider each one. I know a lot of people that hated their program because they'd said ok to say QSFB without considering what the role involved.
Remember that it is a summer job not an extended vacation. A lot of ICPs seem to forget that.
It is what you make it. I was based in Merchandise and without going into details there are two ways of looking at your role as an ICP within WDW. Either Disney World is a money making machine and you are a cog or it is a magical place where you create once in a lifetime memories for yourself and others around you. If you think the first is true then you'll have a miserable time but if you agree with the second statement then you'll really enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom