International phone plans

FutureCEO

Original Poster
What is the best US carrier for International data usage?

I have T-Mobile prepaid but no option to add international data.

I'm debating between TMobile postpaid and Verizon prepaid with Travel Pass

Sans Souci

My husband was overseas last week for work and he has T-Mobile. He called T-Mobile to see what his options were. Basically, he could text, using data and pay $.25/minute or he could buy a daily pass that was $5/day or he could pay $35 for 10 day pass of unlimited data.

The $5/day requires you to call every day you need it, so he just went with the $35 option because he didn't want another thing to do in the mornings.

I don't know what your options are with T-Mobile prepaid, but you could also buy an international SIM card when you arrive. Just do your research if you decide to go that route. It's easy to get ripped off.

erstwo

I agree with @Sans Souci about doing your research if you decide to go the international SIM card route. Don't trust the sellers at the airport kiosks when you arrive. I've known folks who got burned that way!

I feel like international plans with most US companies have improved vastly over the last 5-10 years. I can remember traveling to Europe and wanting to be able to use my personal cell phone (AT&T) and having to pay something like $100 and I only got 'x' number of data and only phone calls in a certain area.

My work phone is Verizon and it has the international plan but I can only take it out of the country on work trips. When I want to use my personal cell on international trips - now I just let AT&T know I'll be out of the country and they just charge me $10 extra per day (24 hour period) and I get data, phone calls, etc. just like I would if I was in the US. There are some limitations with both plans and I usually check in with each company before I travel to be sure I'll have coverage when I arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom