International - interviews

adjonline

Just to give a third view on wdwip.com....

As an ICP alumni, the site didn't just help me: it was essential to me actually participating!! When the 2005 program was originally advertised, the dates clashed with exams, and I only discovered a last minute (literally a month before flying!) opportunity for summer 2005 because of a posting on the forum. I admit that it's not going to be quite that useful for everyone, but the point remains that there's a lot you can discover, that will make arrival easier. Whilst I'll concede that the site itself was outdated for a long while (although it has recently been majorly updated), the forums are always excellent for information You can find out almost anything about the programs - there are enough current participants and alumni around to ensure replies are accurate. I don't see how anyone could call the vast majority of the information on the forums either outdated or unreliable - from experience, it really isn't!!

Lou mentioned the amount of negativity; as with forums discussing anything, certain people will be over-positive and others over-negative. There was a 'phase' a couple of months ago where people were expressing considerable dislike of the program. Personally, I disagreed (and I imagine my very long posts made that clear..!); however, there's always a value in hearing what other people have to say. The international programs aren't for everyone; some people (though for some reason I suspect not people reading this site :p) are not wanting a career with Disney, but a quasi-vacation in Florida. From experience, such people are much less likely to enjoy the program, and it is useful, both for these people and for Disney, that they realise this possibility before they fly out! But if you want to make magic, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time :D.

I can see why Disney and their procurement allies might want to control the flow of information, and so prefer people not to visit such sites. However, I can't really imagine use of a site counting against you in the application process, as long as you are sensible in what you post! I think this shows from the amount of participants and alumni who have used the site.

My point, anyway, is that I wouldn't avoid the site; if you are worried what Yummy Jobs have seemingly said, then perhaps the sensible solution would be reading without posting. Most questions that you could have will already be answered somewhere, if you're prepared to search for it!

Feel free to IM/e-mail me if you've any questions - would be happy to help!!

Andy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom