International College Program

::BEN::

Original Poster
Hello!

I am coming over in May from England to participate in the International College Program and signed up to these great forums sometime last week

Is there anybody else who has done the Program who would could offer any tips as to what I should expect, or is there anybody who is doing something similar. It would be nice to get to know some of you!

I am looking forward to the whole experience, but quite anxious as it will be my first time living away from home!

Thank you, and I wish everybody a happy new year

:wave:

Ben

radiohost

Hi

Hello
I am going down March 29th to participate in the Spring Quarter '06 program. I cant wait!!! If your taking college classes down there then be sure to check with your own college to make sure you can get credit. The main thing to do is be prepared to have fun, this will be a once in a lifetime experience. Look foward to seeing down there...Radiohost:cool:

Original Poster
So how long will you be over at WDW for? It is going to be a great experience, I can't wait! Which role did you get and will be working on?

Nice to meet you!

Magicmyway

Hey! Congrats on getting accepted! I am just in Career Start, but it is quite similiar to the college program or so I've read. I will be down there from February 13-August 18 working in merchandise! What are you working in? Nice to meet ya!

Bethany

Original Poster
I'm going to be working in Custodial, I've not seen anyone around these forums who will be doing Custodial though, it all seems to be Merchandise and Operations...

Thanks for introducing yourself!

Nice to meet you!

Ben

Magicmyway

Yeah, that's true. I've seen a lot of cast perfomers too. But, I'm sure there are tons of people in custodial, the park is waaaay too clean for there not to be. Either way, this is gonna be great!

Talk to ya later,

Original Poster
Magicmyway said:
Yeah, that's true. I've seen a lot of cast perfomers too. But, I'm sure there are tons of people in custodial, the park is waaaay too clean for there not to be. Either way, this is gonna be great!

Talk to ya later,

I see what you mean there! Disney World is spotless, the parks in England are not even close to the standard of Disney's parks! You're right, it is going to be great indeed! :D

Ben

disneytati

Hi, guys!
I think I'll try the college program too! I was going to try it a couple of years ago, but then I got pregnant and had to stop my plans for a while. Now my daughter is 2 years old, and my aunt is willing to take her up there to visit me frequently. It's just a matter of getting back to college, now. I just have one question: you have to be older than 18 to be eligible. But is there a maximum age? Am I too old for the CP???

ICP06

A comrade in arms

Hey Ben!

Well, whaddaya know! I'm doing the ICP in May 06 too!

It's a bit different for me, seeing as I'm from Ireland (*waves* Hi WDWMagic.com people! Finally decided to register last night!) so I had to fly over to Birmingham for my interview... But other than that, same program!

I've been offered a position in Operations (hopefully attractions-my dream job!) but custodial was my 2nd choice.

If you PM me, Ben, I'd love to set up some MSN/Windows Messenger conversations with you. I know a couple of other ICPers for next year and I'd love to introduce you to them!

Roll on next May!
ICP06

Original Poster
disneytati said:
Congratulations!!! I hope you gyus have lots of fun there! I hope I can do the same some day...

Thank you! I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for me! I'm sure you will get the oppurtunity one day! Back to your last post, I'm not sure about the maximum age thing, I think you just have to be in full time college education.

Thanks

Ben

ICP06

A large thanks from me too! I'm looking forward to being one of those cool CMs who comes to wdwmagic.com and gives out info (the sort that wont cost him/her his/her job, of course!)...

As for the maximum age thing, I very, very, very much doubt it.

To quote wdwcareers.com/international...

The Qualifications are Simple

To qualify for the International Program, you must:

* Be at least 18 years old
* Have good conversational English
* Be willing to share living quarters with other participants
* Be outgoing, enthusiastic, and flexible

After all, I do remember seeing many CMs out at WDW who weren't your typical 18-22 age group people.

Variety is the spice of life...

And life at WDW seems very good indeed :D

ICP06

disneytati

Yeah, you are right! I was just afraid the CP itself had an age limit, but if it doesn't say so at the website... Besides that, if you look at me you don't believe I am ..er... 30 years old...

adjonline

Ben...I was an ICP participant last year (Lifeguard, Blizzard Beach). Feel free to PM/post any questions you have! Custodial is a massive department, and there were lots of CPs/ICPs in it. Remember you could end up as a Custodian at a Resort, not a Park...quite a few ICP people I knew did.

As to age limits, there are definetely none for the US College Program. There was a custodian at Blizzard Beach who was over 50-years old, so you would be fine, I'm sure!

A

MuRkErY

Hey Guys.

You know the ICP, do you have to be doing a four year course at uni, it's just somebody told me it had to be a four year course to be let on.

I'm doing a three year full time BA in Film Studies, im currently in my first year and i'm hoping to do the ICP next summer.

So, are you guys on four year courses or three ?

ICP06

I'm on a four year course. And I think that Ben is too.

But to the very best of my knowledge, one of the girls at my interview (who has a position in QSF&B) is on a 3 year course.

I think it's only 1 and 2 year courses that are ineligible.

Good luck applying!
ICP06

Original Poster
MuRkErY said:
Hey Guys.

You know the ICP, do you have to be doing a four year course at uni, it's just somebody told me it had to be a four year course to be let on.

I'm doing a three year full time BA in Film Studies, im currently in my first year and i'm hoping to do the ICP next summer.

So, are you guys on four year courses or three ?

Just so you know, I am on a three year BA (Hons) Fine Art course, so you will be able to apply

good luck! :animwin:

Ben

Magicmyway

What are all the requirements for ICP's? It never crossed my mind that you would have extra requirements... but I guess maybe you do? Just wondering... Thanks

adjonline

ICP06 is right: the course must be at least three years, at an 'accredited' college or university - I participated last year and I'm on a three year course. The BA in Film Studies will be fine. The reason for the restriction is due to the terms of the J1(S) Visa.

The only other requirements are age (18+) and ability to speak English.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom