interesting video I found

bgraham34

I saw this yesterday as well. As far as the music goes I heard that on another video as well when i was looking around yesterday.

JustInTime

I have seen some of those River Country videos before. They make me kinda make me angry because it is such a waste just sitting there. Very unsafe. If those guys or any guests got hurt out there Disney would have one big mess. I don't understand why they didn't just tear it down after they first closed it. Now it would cost way more money because the area has gotten out of hand and it is very hazardous. It's just sad.

NYwdwfan

Generally speaking, I'm not really in the habit of doing things that are illegal (the occasional roll thru a stop sign notwithstanding) but if I were to do such a thing, I certainly would not videotape myself in the process and post it to the internet. It is illegal, correct? Trespassing, I would assume?

todai

I thought it was interesting. I remember playing there as a kid. I liked that they interposed old video with the clip...It is a shame Disney has just left it.

I don't approve of trespassing, though!
:lookaroun

Lisalyn

My first thought is "why"? then while watching the video...this guy has over 150+ videos out there of places he trespasses onto to take videos of this sort.....many in and around the Orlando area. Also verbage of him being banned from Disney or certain hotels in the Orlando area. River Country is no more. There is no reason for Disney to put any money into it until if and when they decide to do something with that particular piece of property. This guy, IMHO is an idiot for blatantly breaking the law numerous times and then posting his illegal activity all over YouTube.

thelookingglass

My first thought is "why"? then while watching the video...this guy has over 150+ videos out there of places he trespasses onto to take videos of this sort.....many in and around the Orlando area. Also verbage of him being banned from Disney or certain hotels in the Orlando area. River Country is no more. There is no reason for Disney to put any money into it until if and when they decide to do something with that particular piece of property. This guy, IMHO is an idiot for blatantly breaking the law numerous times and then posting his illegal activity all over YouTube.
Uh. Who cares? If he wants to do this, then let him do it and enjoy the videos. Hes not harming anyone. I'm sure police have better things to do than track down some guy filming abandoned places.

joe80x86

The most probable explanation of the music is since some of the old rivercountry buildings have been refurbed and are now used by ft. wilderness including the path ways by those buildings (See Here: http://goo.gl/maps/oWDW) and it is perfectly legit that guests can traverse said paths. It would stand to reason that they may have simply reused the same speaker system which provided bg music to the rc area by connecting it to the ft wilderness system, and they simply never bothered to disconnect all of the speakers in the closed off area by the pools. Now I would assume most of those speakers no longer work, but there may be a few that do...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While I certainly don't condone this activity, it IS interesting and I've spent a couple of hours watching his videos. I guess my hunger for behind the scenes information beats out my sense of standards.

joe80x86

While I certainly don't condone this activity, it IS interesting and I've spent a couple of hours watching his videos. I guess my hunger for behind the scenes information beats out my sense of standards.

Yeah I love this type of stuff. But again it is illegal trespassing.

Does anyone have any idea as to when this was taken? It was posted to youtube june 21, 2010. But overall the pools look to be in better condition than that set of pictures that was posted a few months ago.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I suppose folk have to resort to filming old abandoned stuff given the lack of new things. But its hardly mission impossible.

Tow fat guys with a radio and a torch, not exactly master crims.

Tigger1988

This video states at the end that Disney "could trespass Perez from all of it's properties forever... but hasn't yet". How is that the same as "has and will track down people"? :veryconfu

If Disney is/was discussing the possibility of banning him and have the person's name. He was obviously "tracked down" somehow. Raven also mentioned a similar situation regarding trespassing at River Country (not sure if it's the same people in the OP's video), so they're finding out who these people are.

I was simply using the same verbiage as the poster I was responding to. He asked who cared, obviously Disney does if they were considering banning the guy in the video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom