Interesting observation about Lucky & Soarin'

Merlin

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Of course most of you are aware that they have these banner all around the resort that advertise the "new" attractions for the HCOE. On some of them, they simply advertise the attraction and which park it's located in. On others, though, it will list the attraction, show the icon for the WDW park it's located in, and then also mention which park the attraction came from. I've noticed, though, that the ones for Lucky and Soarin' (both of which came from Disney's California Adventure), don't give credit to DCA. The one for Soarin' says that it comes from Disneyland. The one for Lucky says that it comes from Imagineering (don't pretty much ALL attractions come from Imagineering??). So I'm wondering if this was intentional to omit any mention of DCA in this celebration. Not that I'd blame them, but still found it curious.

speck76

I never noticed that.

The Lucky banners are newer......WDW did have EE banners up for a while, and still do in some places (EE was listed as "from imagineering")

My guess (and only a guess) is that they wanted to tie in DL in some way, since it is DL's 50th.

That, and Soarin' is from DLR, even though it is at DCA, shortening DLR to DL is not "completely" incorrect.

prisoner

Merlin said:
The one for Lucky says that it comes from Imagineering

This isn't too far a stretch, I don't think. It only made a brief appearance at DCA if I remember - on the order of a week or so.

Merlin said:
(don't pretty much ALL attractions come from Imagineering??)

Not anymore. While Imagineering does help design and create some rides (Soaring over California, Tower of Terror in partnership with Otis), nowadays they quite frequently act as the art department for more off-the-shelf rides (Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Mission: Space to some extent).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom