Interesting News Regarding Millionaire tapings

lownalo

Original Poster
I just got my email telling me I will get my Millionaire tickets 2-4 weeks before taping in Disney Studios. Interesting tidbit from my email:

You should be receiving your tickets in the mail 2-4 weeks prior to the
taping. Each person in your party must have a ticket. Parking will be
waived if you show your Millionaire ticket. Please plan to arrive no
later than 45 minutes prior to the time on your ticket. You will be
given free access to the Disney-MGM Studios and after the taping may
remain in the park at no charge.

napnet

I got the same email but im curious about the limitations on the tickets. I am going to give 3 to family members to go and 2 for the wife and I but how will WDW know who the pass is for? In the e-mail it had spaces for names at the end.

Also, whats to keep someone from registering for a bunch and selling them on eBay instead of letting people who are really interested in going.

lownalo

Original Poster
napnet said:
I got the same email but im curious about the limitations on the tickets. I am going to give 3 to family members to go and 2 for the wife and I but how will WDW know who the pass is for? In the e-mail it had spaces for names at the end.

Also, whats to keep someone from registering for a bunch and selling them on eBay instead of letting people who are really interested in going.

Nothing is keeping someone from registering for a bunch and selling them on eBay. I would assume that the one person you put as a name would have to be there but who knows. It's like a free pass to MGM for the day!

joshwill

lownalo said:
I just got my email telling me I will get my Millionaire tickets 2-4 weeks before taping in Disney Studios. Interesting tidbit from my email:

You should be receiving your tickets in the mail 2-4 weeks prior to the
taping. Each person in your party must have a ticket. Parking will be
waived if you show your Millionaire ticket. Please plan to arrive no
later than 45 minutes prior to the time on your ticket. You will be
given free access to the Disney-MGM Studios and after the taping may
remain in the park at no charge.

is this something new that you have to order tix in advance? i happened to be there in april, i beleive 2 years ago, and they were giving them same day as taping in the park to anyone who wanted, tho if i recall there was a minimum age to go in.

or do they do both?

crazydaveh

Buena Vista Entertainment, the company which produces the syndicated version of Millionaire with Meredith sends tickets out through the internet, through local affiliates, and uses park guests to fill the shows.

I know they give away tickets to markets such as Orlando, Tampa, and Gainesville (maybe others) where the show airs and that station gives the tickets away.

I've been to the last two tapings (Jan 04 and 05) and they allowed kids in. I did see them ask people to leave who had kids not behaving as they should for a tv taping... IE: Staying quiet.

Buena Vista Productions also "oversells" the tapings to ensure they will get enough people there. The New York Studio holds around 70 people, Orlando set is almost ten times bigger. They shoot four or five shows a day which equals a month's worth.

It's fun. I recommend trying to get tickets!

coln84

Okay, I got my millionaire tickets on xmas eve and i'm confused. On the web it said it included admission to MGM but the tickets say that it does not include theme park admission. Do i have to purchuse a ticket at the park to use my millionaire tickets btw they are for jan 13th @ 1pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom