1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting Disney Parks Survey Question I got Today - Tiered Ticket Pricing by Season

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by MaxsDad, May 26, 2015.

1. MaxsDad

MaxsDad Well-Known Member

(Ignore Strike Outs)
    We are testing a number of different ways that theme park tickets could be priced. One idea is to have Walt Disney World®Resort theme park ticket prices based on the specific day of week or time of year that you visit.

In this scenario, ticket pricing is divided into different seasons: Gold, Silver, and Bronze (as illustrated on the calendar below). Please review the calendar and indicate, specifically for the trip where you were intercepted at Disney's Hollywood Studios® on September 3, how many of your total Disney theme park days on that trip would have been Gold, Silver, and/or Bronze.
    (Please only include the day you visited Disney theme parks on that specific visit, even if you’ve made other visits since then. If no days of your visit fell within a given season, please enter '0'. If you’re uncertain, make your best guess.)
    Total Disney Theme Park Days = 7

Gold days:
    Silver days:
    Bronze days:
    [​IMG]

2. MaxsDad

MaxsDad Well-Known Member Original Poster

Follow Up Question:

You indicated that your visit fell within both the Silver and Bronze seasons. Under this pricing structure, you would have had to purchase a Silver-priced ticket.

A few other considerations regarding this pricing structure:
    • Gold tickets are valid any day of the year.
    • Silver tickets are valid most days of the year except for peak and holiday weeks.
    • Bronze tickets are valid only during off-peak weekdays.
    • Multi-day tickets crossing two or more seasons must be purchased at the highest season’s price.
    • Guests visiting on a day that is currently blocked out on their ticket can upgrade to a higher-season ticket.
    [​IMG]

If these had been the ticket options during your visit in September, which of the following would you most likely have done?

Would have visited on the same date(s) and would have bought the same ticket (at the Silver price)
    Would have changed the dates I visited or the number of days I bought
    Would have bought a Walt Disney World® Resort Annual Pass
    Would not have visited the Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks at all

3. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

To me the price differences aren't enough to drive me to one time of the year or another.

iYazmo, jdmdisney99, bee and 17 others like this.
  4. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Love Me Some Fast Passes Premium Member

Same here. If I'm dropping the type of cash that one does for a ten day stay, $40ish ain't making me flinch.

bee, dennis-in-ct, Tom and 8 others like this.
  5. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil Well-Known Member

Someone in Finance is trying to eek out a promotion.

6. prfctlyximprct

prfctlyximprct Well-Known Member

This survey is too hard for me.

7. TheRabbit

TheRabbit Well-Known Member

What ever happened to, "Did you eat in the park today?"...."Your zip code?" lol

8. GhostHost1000

GhostHost1000 Well-Known Member

This sounds like a PR and management nightmare

9. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

This is an absolute HORRIBLE idea.

The crowd is already spread out. There are not any slow times at all; mid week doesn't show much of a difference between weekends.

Here's The Lovely Touring Plans infographic that shows the crowd distribution......

Attached Files:

10. Clamman73

Clamman73 Well-Known Member

Do the golden tickets get you into the factory?

11. PhotoDave219

PhotoDave219 Well-Known Member

Disney can sit here and try and spin their crowd figures any way they want, simple truth is that it is horribly busy all the time.

12. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

I like this plan. Thanks. Hope it happens.

13. asianway

asianway Well-Known Member

If they can get $20 extra out of each rube, they'll get it. Wonder what an AP costs in this scenario

bethymouse likes this.
  14. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

They also gave me a Star Wars survey and still haven't got that yet either.

danv3, Mike S, bethymouse and 2 others like this.
  15. Bugz

Bugz Well-Known Member

A department is trying to justify some high paid degrees , must be cuts are in the air.btdt

16. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

I got asked upon leaving DAK yesterday if I'd purchased any food or beverages while in the park. Said no, so no survey for me.

bethymouse likes this.
  17. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

Seriously? What idiot is trying to justify their job? Or is Disney telling us in advance of another price hike?

I can see many selecting #4 - because the dang chart is too complicated. However, raising the price of a MK ticket during Brazilian Tour Group month doesn't bother me in the least.

bethymouse, The Duck and PhotoDave219 like this.
  18. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

I think this opens up a whole can of worms. Look at DLR, where the cheaper levels of annual passes have calendars not too dissimilar from this. The days where the cheap passes are blocked out because of "anticipated" demand end up being slow, and the days where the cheap passes are not blocked out become crazy, even though the cheap passes are unblocked because it's "supposed" to be a slow day. There's a chance people could see this as an official crowd calendar from Disney and drive their trips to the slow times in a bad way. Also, I really do not like that only 12 weekend days out of the whole year are bronze; it seems like it would be hard to go during a bronze time and spend a whole week there. This would probably p*** me off enough to just spend fewer days in the parks instead of buying silver tickets.

This is nitpicking since this system hasn't been used yet, but they really want people to pay $10 extra to get into the Magic Kingdom on Fridays in October, when the park will close at 7 for MNSSHP with no fireworks or nighttime parade?

19. BernardandBianca

BernardandBianca Well-Known Member

Are you people for real? This is nothing but a price gouge, and you're willing to accept it? I'm sorry, but this has got to be one of the most greedy price changes proposed, and you both are minimizing it? My true thoughts are being repressed as I do subscribe to the axiom If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything.

20. JWG

JWG Well-Known Member

I got this survey but based on how I answered my demographics up front I was not chosen to complete the survey. That said, note that the bronze pricing is closest to today's pricing (for a 1-day ticket anyway). Silver and Gold are premiums. This nickel and diming is getting ridiculous. And, how many times will people buy the wrong tickets for when they arrive? And, how upset will people be when their trip has 1 day in Gold and they have to buy the total 7-day package at gold?

This is getting far too complicated.

bee, jangirl, princess_kim and 20 others like this.