Interactive Attractions in the Near Future

Prototype82

Original Poster
I keep wondering what the future of some of our favorite interactive features might be post re-opening. One of the most satisfying things for me at Animal Kingdom is to sip on a drink and play the drums in Pandora or Africa. Will places be roped off for months? Will surfaces just be constantly cleaned? What's your speculation? I just hope some of these things aren't doomed. People love them.

Robbiem

Maybe for touching attractions you could have to pass through a hand sanitiser station or be given gloves to wear?

either way it’s likely that spontaneous things will become a lot more organised a bit like how wandering characters become formal meet and greets

Clamman73

Curious to see if they do something about some of these interactive queues like HM, 7 dwarfs, etc., or are they gonna rely on peoples self discipline (which people don’t have).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Keep in mind that changes made now don't necessarily mean permanent. As things change, so will restrictions. We get a vaccine and get levels of immunity up to where we are at with flu then you will see things change. We get a pharmaceutical that knocks it out when you get it, things will change. All this talk of new normal is not necessary. Temporary normal yes. Permanent, no.

cat hem

I'll bet in the immediate future we'll see a lot of those things roped off, or have a CM standing by. The interactive cues drove me nuts, do you wait? do you pass and feel like a jerk?

Mickey5150

Interactive queues are already on their way out, replaced by the Disney app. I think in the future any interactive areas will have hand sanitizer stations nearby and that will probably stick around forever. About the only good thing to come out of all this is the idea of social distancing. The way Disney would pack people into busses or down Main Street for fireworks isn't really safe. How many people have gotten home from WDW and then become sick? If we can have a future without everyone on top of one another we will all be safer.

JIMINYCR

I'll bet in the immediate future we'll see a lot of those things roped off, or have a CM standing by. The interactive cues drove me nuts, do you wait? do you pass and feel like a jerk?
For safety sake I'd bet Disney restricts the interactive areas, cordons them off or redirect guests around where possible. Even with posting CM's and continuously cleaning the surfaces, they couldnt keep up with what gets touched. When I'm in the lines, I let them know the line has moved up and if they dont move I do pass them by. Its their choice to stay in one spot and not move up as the lines move on. I dont see it as I'm cutting in their place if they stay to play.

Smiley/OCD

Interactive queues are already on their way out, replaced by the Disney app. I think in the future any interactive areas will have hand sanitizer stations nearby and that will probably stick around forever. About the only good thing to come out of all this is the idea of social distancing. The way Disney would pack people into busses or down Main Street for fireworks isn't really safe. How many people have gotten home from WDW and then become sick? If we can have a future without everyone on top of one another we will all be safer.
I don't think the social distancing will be around forever...peoples immune systems will strengthen, more will have the antibodies, a vaccine will be available. We're packed in on buses, subways, sporting events, etc. and eventually things will return to normal. As far as getting sick goes, when I do get sick, it's usually while I'm there, and I blame the flight. Places like Disney will NEVER survive with the restrictions permanently in place. The MK, for example, would have to be closed every day at noon due to capacity. Guests who wanted to spend a chunk of the day at MK would have to arrive at rope drop and the poor guests that would be turned away at the gates, the guests who spent thousands of dollars to vacation at Disney only to find out they can't get in, it's just not gonna happen.

Moka

Guests who wanted to spend a chunk of the day at MK would have to arrive at rope drop and the poor guests that would be turned away at the gates, the guests who spent thousands of dollars to vacation at Disney only to find out they can't get in, it's just not gonna happen.
Well, no, they're doing reservations for any normal day now for these new guidelines are they not? They shouldn't even be arriving if they haven't reserved for the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom