Interacting with the Disney Characters

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
When I was a child and went to Disney, I remember meeting the different Disney Characters, getting my picture taken and that was it. I feel like that is why I don't really care for meeting the characters anymore but I want to change that on my next trip. Meeting the characters should be more than getting a picture taken, it should be an experience. You should interact with them because they will certainly respond to you.

Through YouTube and stories I've read online, there have been some amazing interactions with the different Disney Characters. Next time you go to the parks, make sure you have fun with the characters instead of just getting a picture. If you have any stories to share about meeting a character, please do!

My friend gave me a list of ways to interect with the characters. Pretty sure she found it online before but here it is:

What to say to characters

Ariel
Ask Ariel if you can become a mermaid

Army man
Ask Green Army to march with you then pose with a great salute

Aurora
Ask Aurora if she likes to takes naps
Ask Aurora what her favorite dress color is

Belle
Ask Belle for a book recommendation
Tell Belle that Beast is very big and scary

Buzz
Tell Buzz he is a toy…a T. O. Y. toy!
Ask Buzz if you can push his reset button
Ask Buzz to go into Latin mode
Ask Buzz what exactly is beyond infinity

Captain Hook
Stand behind Captain Hook and go tick tock, tick tock or call him a codfish
If he is alone, ask him where Mr. Smee is

Chip/Dale
Ask Chip/Dale if they are squirrels, gophers or rats
Ask Chip/Dale which one are you
Ask Chip/Dale who has the better dance moves
Give Chip/Dale a bag of acorns
Ask them which one is Alvin and which one is Simon. Ask where Theodore is at.

Daisy
Propose marriage to Daisy or ask for a kiss

Donald
Ask Donald where Mickey is
Ask Donald why he doesn’t have as much stuff in the parks as Mickey
Ask Donald why he doesn’t wear pants
Tell Donald he is #1 or even better #2
Tell Donald he is handsome
Tell Donald you like him better than Mickey
Tell Donald you like his performance in the Aflac commercials

Eeyore
Ask Eeyore where his tail is
Show Eeyore your muscles
Tell Eeyore “I’m sorry, I didn’t notice you there”

Flynn Rider
Ask him to see what is in his bag

Goofy
Ask Goofy if he’s ever taken Pluto for a walk

Lady Tremaine
Ask Lady Tremaine how much hairspray it took to hold her hair up like that
Ask Step Mother which daughter is her favorite

Mary Poppins
Ask Mary how come your room doesn’t clean itself when you snap your fingers
Ask Mary where Bert is
Tell Mary Poppins that you heard only Mary Poppins can say “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” backwards

Minnie
Ask Minnie if Mickey has given her a ring yet
Compliment Minnie on her outfit
Propose marriage to Minnie

Mulan
Ask Mulan how to be an honorable child
Ask Mulan if she ever appeared in her armor

Peter Pan
Tell Pan you are from Texas, the Lone Star state
Greet him with a loud “ a doodle doo”

Piglet
Ask him if he would like a sausage biscuit or BLT

Pluto
Ask Pluto where Mickey is
Give Pluto a dog biscuit
Tell Pluto he is a good boy for taking pictures with you and scratch him behind his ear
Tell Pluto he should get a never-ending supply of dog bones
Tell Pluto you can’t choose which is your favorite dog

Pooh
Ask Pooh how come they let him out with only half a shirt
Ask Pooh why he doesn’t wear pants
Ask Pooh where you can locate some honey because you have a rumbly in your tummy

Princesses
Complement Princesses on their dresses

Rafiki
Bring a Simba plush. He’ll lift it up like in the movie

Snow White
Ask Snow White who her favorite dwarf is
Give Snow White an apple

Step Sister
Ask one of Cinderella’s Step Sisters to sing
Ask the Step Sisters which is the pretty one
If they are at the side of the castle, ask the stepsisters when Cindy will be arriving. Have your video camera ready
Offer your son to marry one of them

Stitch
Ask him what his badness level is

Thumper
Tell Thumper to stay out of your flower beds

Tiana
Ask Tiana who is minding her restaurant

Tigger
Ask Tigger if he is a boy or girl
Bounce with Tigger
Tell Tigger he should have his own ride
Tell Tigger you can bounce higher than him
Instead of saying goodbye say TTFN “Ta Ta For Now”

Various
Ask character to show you their muscles

Vidia
Ask Vidia to take your daughter, if she is dressed like Tink

Woody
Ask Woody if Andy’s name is on the bottom of his boot
Tell Woody there is a snake in his boot
Ask Woody for a showdown

taz0162

I have bounced with Tigger and have a picture of each of us mid air.

Also with Pluto on our last trip he snuck up on someone causing the person to be startled. Well a little girl about 5 or 6 saw this as she was 2 families away from meeting Pluto. She scolded him calling him a bad dog. he was on his knees begging for forgiveness and playing dead.

The princesses also like kids in the pirates league and tend to spend a lot of time asking if the child is a good or bad pirate and about their many pirate adventures.

Cmdr_Crimson

Kenny the Pirate is a great source for character interaction ideas, many interactions you find on the internet today are myths or are no longer "entertained" at WDW due to the time and effort they require when many guests do the same things over and over.

I can agree with this...That Stupid "Andy's Coming" One that was brought up several times on disney sites and Pintrest where it was first found was the dumbest one around..

matt9112

I loved phineus and ferb......ferb won't do high fives...only pointing finger pokes....as well as clearly pointing out that they each sign there own page. Meeting them made my day.....and seeing storm troopers in real life

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I loved phineus and ferb......ferb won't do high fives...only pointing finger pokes....as well as clearly pointing out that they each sign there own page. Meeting them made my day.....and seeing storm troopers in real life
You should make a stop at a Star Wars Celebration con sometime.

501stCVgroup.jpg

ddrongowski

My only problem with M&G's (and this is me only), is that I know it is a person in an outfit. I am not sure what kind of person, or their background, and that makes me uncomfortable.

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I can agree with this...That Stupid "Andy's Coming" One that was brought up several times on disney sites and Pintrest where it was first found was the dumbest one around..

I remember Cast Member's complaining on Reddit about how annoying that was because everyone was doing it and guests would get upset when they wouldn't do it.

jkl2000

My only problem with M&G's (and this is me only), is that I know it is a person in an outfit. I am not sure what kind of person, or their background, and that makes me uncomfortable.

They could be having a terrible day and be scowling the whole time and giving people "?" expressions or whatever. Funny to think about.

matt9112

You should make a stop at a Star Wars Celebration con sometime.

501stCVgroup.jpg

See everyone is expecting those guys there though....the way to really ball hard is to get in your fader or trooper suit and go do normal daily activities. Like go to Burger King (YouTube it) or ride the bus or even go cash a check at the ba....no better not do that. Figure out how o drink beer.....things like that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
See everyone is expecting those guys there though....the way to really ball hard is to get in your fader or trooper suit and go do normal daily activities. Like go to Burger King (YouTube it) or ride the bus or even go cash a check at the ba....no better not do that. Figure out how o drink beer.....things like that.
Anything is possible.

ddrongowski

pumpkin7

I agree, as sad as it is. I was completely planning on asking some of that stuff in the OPs post, I even made a list to take with me, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Plus I think I sound pretty dumb asking these things in a british accent. Sounds fine when you are american.
I need the character to lead the MandG. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Like Baloo, he was fab, he had me scratching his back! It was hilarious. Only after did I think I should have got him to scratch mine in return. But then others just posed for the pic.
The worst one, which incidentally was the only face character I met, was Alice. She was awful. All she said, which is what she was saying to everyone was 'I hope you're having many unexpected adventures today'. I was going to say it was my unbirthday but she was just that bad, I didn't bother. She then turned and posed and didn't say another word. I then heard her asy the exact same thing to the person behind me, and the kids she had seen before me, she barely spoke.

jkl2000

They could be having a terrible day and be scowling the whole time and giving people "***?" expressions or whatever. Funny to think about.

Just wanted to say, I don't really think the above is really ever the case. I'm not panting for character interaction, but I do think the CMs who portray the characters are probably a pretty nice lot overall. I'm sure it's a challenging job - lord knows I'd be terrible at it.

HouCuseChickie

I remember my first few trips to WDW and with the exception of a truly goofy Goofy here and there, it was fairly stale to me- well, except that it was kind of neat not knowing where the characters will turn up.

But yes, these days, the actors playing the characters really do get into their respective roles. And yes, I will talk to them as such, but it's primarily to improve the M&G experiences for the kids. It doesn't work every time, but we've had a few exceptional M&G moments that have made it worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom